Apfelwein, and Aldi juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smee44

Reaction score
I just mixed up my second batch of EdWort’s Apfelwein. My first batch is 10 days in and fermentation just slowed. So per the instructions I “brewed” another batch tonight.

I used Aldi brand apple juice in half gallon jugs and it is the cheapest I found anywhere I just bought 5 gallon for $11.90, Aldi just reduced the price here in Kansas my first batch cost my 14.80 for 5 gallon. Just wanted to pass the price and results on to anyone how is looking for the cheapest juice. It does have ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) but as discussed in many threads is A ok and my first batch fermented great!

Thanks Edwort. I can’t wait to try some.

You will notice apple juice will be down for the next few weeks. Most orchards are opening within the next month, so you'll see a flood of fresh ciders on the market. It tends to bring the price down a bit. At least, that's what I've noticed. I'll be going to our local orchard on Friday to pick some fresh apples and cherries.

We have an Aldi store here--don't shop there regularly but I've been impressed by some of their prices. Looking forward to hearing how this turns out. The better I get at making this stuff the harder it's getting to make it faster than I can drink it...

Back