Enriched rice (finding a use for junk in the kitchen)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizzyDBag

Reaction score
Over the summer I bought a big 10ib bag of enriched white long grain rice because I was craving it a lot... well I ate an ounce of it and it is just sitting around for doomsday.

Now I know enriched rice isn't what you want to ferment with but I thought that there could be a way of using it in a beer or mead to maybe give it an "asian" flavor since enriched rice doesn't seem to have what it takes to ferment meaning the flavor outta just hang out. I'm just wondering if anyone experimented with this concept and what it might taste like or if this is just a bad idea. I assume normal wash/rinse and heating procedures would apply but I mostly want to use the rice juices to see what happens. I might try it if no one has a good horror story. I just enjoy brewing with random stuff I have laying around. Food makes good beer.

Back