Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Missouri HomeBrew Forum > Flying Saucer about to open in Kansas City

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
foppa78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Flying Saucer about to open in Kansas City

I think this place is just about to open here in KC. What can you guys tell me about this place? I have heard some good things about their beer selection. What have your experiences been? Do they also do food?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
livewir
Recipes 

When I lived in San Antonio, we would go every Wednesday night for buy the beer keep the glass night. Their nacho's were tasty and their beer selection is huge. Plus the waitresses weren't too hard on the eyes either.

Marcus Hickory Brewhaus

Primary: ESB
Secondary:
Bottled: Bourbon Stout
Keg: Dubbel, Rye Ale
Up Next:

Old 04-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Ryanh1801

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I love the place. Its a great bar with a great beer selection.. Also the waitress outfits are awesome. Food is pretty good. It is a little expensive unless you go on pint night, which I believe is Monday. If you join the UFO club you get a card, that you scan every time and it tracks your beers, when you have tried 200 different beers you get a plate with your name on it.. Only thing is you only get to add 3 beers each day.. You also get a shirt with a membership. I still like Gingerman better, but flying saucer is my second fav. beer bar.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Flying Saucer has excellent food and a great beer selection, as previously noted.

However, it may just be a case of our bible-belt-centric selling laws that severely affect TN distribution, but there isn't a beer on the Flying Saucer menu that I can't buy at the store down the street for half as much as at the Saucer.

That's my only gripe, but it's distribution, not Saucer's fault.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
Arneba28

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

My friend just got back from texas for some training and he went there for dinner 4 nights in a row..all he talked about when he got back was this place, sounds awsome, wish they had them up here

Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #6
foppa78

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It looks as if they list all the beers for each location on their web site. I hope they update it soon for KC so I can see what all they are going to have there. I am looking forward to checking this place out.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
TxBuck
Recipes 

Default Opening in May

Enjoyed this beer pub in Ft Worth -- a lot. When it opened in North Austin earlier this year, even though I'm far south Austin, I began the pilgrimmage. Fantastic place. Lines are always clean, beer is always fresh and a fantastic variety. Even though they don't brew their own, the available selection satisfies all palates.

The staff is better educated than a lot of beer pubs I've been to and they are efficient. Make an effort to know them, the managers, and the GM because you'll find that the service they offer is tops. I'm a hophead and enjoy the citrus flavor imparted by semcoe ... a la 471 or Hercules (and have to give props to 75th street for their brew!) I talked up one beer that we cannot get in Austin, Russian River's Pliny the Elder, and I was floored when the GM made a special request to his supply chain to get us a keg!

Head bartender from Austin, Sam, is helping Matt to open the KC place (I only know it's first or second week of May). Drop by and say hi to Sam and Matt from me, Buck. Here's location info:

AREA: Near Downtown/Conv Center
URL: http://www.beerknurd.com
PHONE: 816.221-1900
ADDRESS: 101 E 13th St. Kansas City, MO 64105
EMAIL: kcmogm@attglobal.net
PRICING: Under $10
HOURS: Open 11am-2am Mon.-Sat., noon-midnight Sun. $

Quick Reply