The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a couple of glasses of an interesting beer over the weekend from Chicago. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. Had them at a wine bar in Nashua Napa East), from what was reported to be one of only two 5 gallon kegs in NH. The beer gets a 100 from Beer Advocate, and other sites. It was 14%, but didn't have a huge alcohol after-taste. Had one 10 oz glass on Friday, and a second late Sat. night. They still had about 1/2 a keg late Sat, so I'm sure it will last until next weekend, in case anyone is passing through southern NH

Welp... it was just a matter of time before we hit our first real difficulty at the Bog...

We have tried to source it from EVERYWHERE we can think of and no matter who we call... we can't find ANY Kaiser malt.

(pfft)

Oddly enough, Kinsale at Government Center has a really good selection. At least as of now. I understand they will be showcasing a new start up brewery in the near future. Thats probably the business decision equivelant of going out with an ugly girl. Maybe she has a nice personality. Or she can sucked a golf ball through a garden hose.

So Brian… how DID you talk them into pouring the Bog Water?

Oddly enough, Kinsale at Government Center has a really good selection. At least as of now. I understand they will be showcasing a new start up brewery in the near future. Thats probably the business decision equivelant of going out with an ugly girl. Maybe she has a nice personality. Or she can sucked a golf ball through a garden hose.

So Brian… how DID you talk them into pouring the Bog Water?

I let them try it... And they told us we could have a dedicated line there as long as we wanted it.

(Both middle fingers currently up)

Hey, just to stop the ****-talk for a minute.. congrats, Cape. Sincerely. Very cool that you're getting the nano up off the ground. I can't make it down to the parties, the mid-week one is obviously out and the one that's in Boston, that's just a crazy weekend, I can't get away. Definitely looking forward to having a pint, hopefully whenever the U5 brew session happens.

AZ_IPA said:
They're too busy covering the blueberry festival.

Really? I thought this thread's existence was to make fun of Cape..... Ask him what flavor is in the back room of bog crap brewing....

Jeezuz, look who crawled out from under a rock. I always get a kick out of Yeager showing up, acting like he's some sort of bad ass. You've clearly been at the blueberry beer tonight, your typing is slurred and you're acting like a tough guy. If I didn't know better I might start to think that you got it wet earlier. Oh wait, I get it. You're out of town, aren't you? Her Most Imperial Lee Ann-ness can't grind you under her thumb if you are in Ohio. Good for you. Lemme guess, you had THREE blueberry beers tonight, right?

Hey, does March 2 or 16 work for you for the U5? 3/2 is my birthday so that might not work, I don't know if Al wants to do anything. My weekends are pretty tight between work and school but those days might work. I'll have the shed finished by then, we can do it at my place so you can actually breathe over the course of the day.

Yo Cape...

I don't remember you swearing nearly so much when you were brewing Ass Beer on the Brewstrocity. What happened? You go pro and turned into a longshoremen! WTF? I got home yesterday and almost felt the need to call Father Brian for a 'Blessing of the Ears."

Yeah... I was frustrated.

Everything is so tight in that tiny little space and gets claustrophobic and then when sht goes sideways a bit, it goes over poorly.

I love Cape's "I turned pro" thread which is basically "don't do this and here's why..."

Followed by dozens of n00bs saying "whoa, I'm totally gonna do this, thanks! Now, do you use liquid malt or dry malt?"

Ah yes, these optimistic homebrewers are an interesting bunch.

LOL... Thats kinda why I did it... Every other day there is a "I'm gonna sell me beer!!!" Thread and while it certainly doesn't remotely make those folks stupid or bad or anything, they just have no concept of what is actually required.

If people's basic question is "how much would it cost me to have MY beer in a bar... The answer is "a fckton more than you think".

LOL... Thats kinda why I did it... Every other day there is a "I'm gonna sell me beer!!!" Thread and while it certainly doesn't remotely make those folks stupid or bad or anything, they just have no concept of what is actually required.

If people's basic question is "how much would it cost me to have MY beer in a bar... The answer is "a fckton more than you think".

Ha. Be honest, it was the "they're about to change to self distribution; I can has sell my homebrew!" thread that forced you to act, right?

Back