*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Cigar City - Hunahpu day 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #91
TBBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InityBrew View Post
I was at ccb yesterday and the bartender was telling me how someone dropped and broke a whole case of Hunaphu.

That is depressing.
That is a tragic event!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #92
aiptasia
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 531 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomaticImmunity View Post
This one was clutch. I went to the front of the brewery for some water to remove a stain, and lo and behold, the tap van inside the first bay had maybe 10 people in line...waited about 5 minutes, scored some Hunaphpu and 3F "In the Name of Suffering" collab black IPA w/ EyeHateGod (nice brew, but further underscores my belief that Amarillo is the house hop of TFB). This tap seemed to be a well kept secret; most were lining up for the set up in the adjacent tasting room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBBrewer View Post
Guess I dropped the ball not seeing that van. I cannot really knock ccb for the food, but with the new restaurant coming soon, you think they would have used that opportunity to showcase what they are bringing to the table as far as food creations at the brew pub.
Yep, we only spotted the van after waiting in line for the tap room. We got up to the growler station, happened to glance up at the monitors over the bar, and saw no line at the tap van. Walked around the corner from the growler station to the indoor brewery and grabbed some beer. We stopped by there one other time on the way out at 7:30 ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InityBrew View Post
I was at ccb yesterday and the bartender was telling me how someone dropped and broke a whole case of Hunaphu.

That is depressing.
That.... would suck..... Total Wine has these canvas four bottle wine totes that were perfect for the huna bottles. After I got my first three at 12:30, I walked back to the Howard Johnsons on Dale Mabry where I was staying and dropped them off, then walked back and picked up a second gold band at about 1:30 at the gate. I picked up three more bottles then went back to our occupied table and told the rest of the gang to go get their bottles and do the same.

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply