The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > North Carolina HomeBrew Forum > World Beer Fest Raleigh, NC 4/26/08

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #141
Nate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Your wife drank 273 shots of beer and you think she got sick because of the food?
All I know is that she seemed fine (not drunk) and very rapidly became immobile/sick. And I think it was only 271 shots.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 04:07 AM   #142
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm home.

I had a great trip. The Walker-san dojo put out a great spread- Pulled pork, beans, brats. Thanks to Boston for taking me bottle shopping and lunch today.

So with those core GRABASS guys it's Always Something Special. You two really put the ASS in GRABASS.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 04-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #143
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Once again, I had a great time at the WBF.

Good to see olllllo, Nate, Joebou, Frink, Baron, Boston and Chad again, and good to meet capntang and his (allegedly) older brother.

I am looking forward to Durham in the fall (and this time I won't slack on getting my tickets too long.)

Special thanks to olllllo for bringing the magnet, house ale, and a bomber of Alaskan smoked porter. Damn, I loves me some porter....

Special thanks to Boston for providing the sausages and sides, and for rescuing my flat kegs with his CO2 tank.

-walker

Old 04-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #144
Chad

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

We had a great time, too. Sorry about wussing out on the after-fest activities. Our daughter had plans that evening, so we'd promised that we would be home fairly early. Compounding the problem was that we didn't eat as much as we should have at the festival. I had been holding out for some of Ed Mitchell's barbecue from The Pit. They were supposed to be in the food area. We never could find them, so by the end of the afternoon we were starving. We ended up taking the kids out to an early dinner and talking about the rest of you behind your backs

It was great to see the GRABASS folks again and meet Baron Von Bee Gee, Nate and ollllo.

Best beer of the festival, in my opinion, was Jolly Pumpkin's La Roja, a sour Flanders red. Holy crap that was good. We need to look into a GRABASS oak barrel purchase and group brew day to make some.

Chad

www.chadwrites.com

Old 04-29-2008, 05:49 AM   #145
capntang
Recipes 

Man, what a busy weekend. Drove back to Wilmington at 7am Sunday morning to help the bro prepare for a small gathering at his place, and ended up getting dragged down to the Obama rally at 7am this morning.

I had a fantastic time, as did my (allegedly) older brother.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and thanks to Walker and his family for the fantastic hospitality and perfect post-festival food.

Now I'm left wondering which of the fall festivals I'll be able to swing.

Quick Reply