Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Arlington, VA Homebrew Club

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
httr91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Arlington, VA Homebrew Club

Hey all, I am looking to get some people together to talk about and engage in some homebrewing in the Arlington, VA area. Hopefully this turns into a formal club down the line but for now looking for people to get together and share ideas and techniques, etc. Let me know if you're interested by emailing arlingtonhomebrew@gmail.com or message me with your email address.
Cheers!

HTTR91

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr91 View Post
Hey all, I am looking to get some people together to talk about and engage in some homebrewing in the Arlington, VA area. Hopefully this turns into a formal club down the line but for now looking for people to get together and share ideas and techniques, etc. Let me know if you're interested by emailing arlingtonhomebrew@gmail.com or message me with your email address.
Cheers!

HTTR91
I'm involved in the DC Homebrewer's Club and we have a bunch of members from Arlington, Alexandria and the MD suburbs. We have a social meeting this Thursday evening in Columbia Heights if you (or anyone else) is interested.

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
httr91
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks, assuming I can get all the details on your website? Is it ok if I'm late as I work near Dulles and it's tough for me to get all the way into the city by 7pm

Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr91 View Post
Thanks, assuming I can get all the details on your website? Is it ok if I'm late as I work near Dulles and it's tough for me to get all the way into the city by 7pm
Yep, all the details are on the website. No worries on arriving late, this is a rather informal meeting, largely a social gathering of homebrew sharing.

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
reidjoshua
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Interested in the Arlington brewclub... I don't homebrew at my place in Arlington but help my old man brew down in Woodbridge and willing to brew with you locally if you got the room. I'm in an apt, so I can't do all-grain, and once you go all-grain you can't go back

Old 06-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
ShermanTank
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Arlingtonian Brewer

I think it's a great idea. I live in North Arlington, down the street from Westover Village. Lets see if we can get a few more people.

Tank

Primary: Fountain of Truth Imperial IPA
Secondary: None
Kegged: Scotch Ale; Northern Brewer's Golden Dragon Belgian Special Ale; Ends in Day IPA
Bottles: Summer Ale; Rogue Brutal IPA; Black IPA; English Barleywine; Imperial IPA
Up Next: AG Irish Red or Oktoberfest
This is a Full-On Obsession now!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
sandeedwards
Recipes 

Hello there Arlingtonians, I just joined the forum here and was perusing this section when I saw your post. A few friends of mine have started a local home brew group (MASBC) and meet bi-weekly near Pentagon/Crystal City. We have branched off from the Beer Head Meetup group, so you can come get to know us (and us you) at one of our meets (next meet is at Chocolate City Brewery in DC)! You can find us at the Beer Head link in my sig.

Sande Edwards

Design | Photos | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Beer Head

Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #8
Stanleyjw
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey guys, I'm in Arlington also and I'm interested in meeting up/brewing. I get all of the emails from the DC Homebrewers, but I work evenings and I'm never able to make meetings. I'm all-grain brewing by myself now since most of my friends lost interest and I have no one local to bounce ideas off anymore. Let me know!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
RipUSMC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 12

There's an Arlington/Fairfax Club already:
Grains Resulting In Something Tasty (GRIST).

http://www.facebook.com/GristAvauntours

http://www.facebook.com/GristAvauntours

https://twitter.com/GRISThomebrew

"I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!" -General of the Armies Douglas MacArthur

Kegged: Prussian Pickelhaube Pilsner, Demoness Hopyard
Bottled: Fruit Lambic, Belgian Lambic
Secondary: None
On Deck: Red Magnum
In the Hole: Spider's Tongue

Web: https://www.facebook.com/GristAvauntours?ref=hl

Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #10
Rango
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Does GRIST have a website or something? I am also an Arlingtonian looking for an area club. Cheers.

Quick Reply