Who rides a motorbike ? check in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you ride(s): 1971 Honda SL350K1 (MotorSport 350)

How long have you been riding? ~8 years

How many have you owned? lucky #5

Most memorable moment/event on your bike?

Last week when i damn near went through a 5-wire fence near my house (perimiter to a winery here in central cali)

Show us your pictures:

SL350K1_RR.jpg

What do you ride? 2006 Triumph Bonneville America

How long have you been riding? About 6 years. I tried to plan ahead for my mid-life crisis. Didn't work out quite the way I planned.

How many have you owned? Two. Previous was an '83 Suzuki GS-450T.

Most memorable moment/event on your bike? Meeting my fiancee for the first time in Niagara Falls.

Show us your pictures

Current wheels, the America:
triumph_sm.jpg

Previous wheels, the GS:
GS450T.jpg

Dave

How long have you been riding ? street - since I was 18 - 6 years

How many have you owned ? 4 - 3 dual sports and a sportbike

Most memorable moment/event on your bike ? - no way, way too many. I've crashed more times than I can count and seen a majority of this country and a few others on the seat of a bike. Been stranded in northern Nevada with torn stator wires and wrestled flats in the Utah desert. Ridden 100mph down a Mexican beach and been across the highest passes in North America.

Show us your pictures :

88 zx600
n1936412_36950171_6481.jpg

small-img_1251.jpg

small-img_1554.jpg

98 klr650
small-img_2301.jpg

small-img_2280.jpg

img_2009.jpg

99 TE410
IMG_1144.JPG

on the right

678558258_FLEeG-M.jpg

73 TS125
small-img_0005-1.jpg

What do you ride ? Nothing right now. I sold my '02 R1 in Nov 2007 with full intentions of getting a used R1200GS. But in the spring of '08, I broke my both legs.

How long have you been riding ? 7 Years

How many have you owned ? 4

Most memorable moment/event on your bike ? Track Days and when I still lived in PA, a group of us would bomb the twisty mountain roads in WV with a leisurely 500 mile Sunday ride. :rockin:

DSC_7568_FR.jpg

What do you ride(s): 1982 Suzuki GS 650

How long have you been riding? < 1 year

How many have you owned? 1

I mentioned it in the_Bird's thread when he was buying one - My first longish highway trip, I was coming home late at night. My highbeams had stopped working (poor electrical connection) and I was overriding my lowbeams, or so I found out. Started seeing from very bright, fresh-looking blood to my left. Blood trail drifted to the right until it was center lane and BAM, large dead dear. I blew right through it at 75mph. Bike shimmied under me but all was well.

Show us your pictures:
p7050650.jpg

What do you ride(s): 1982 Suzuki GS 650
I was coming home late at night. My highbeams had stopped working (poor electrical connection)

Yeah, mechanically those GSes would last forever, but electrically they were cobbled together with bailing wire and friction tape.

The 650 is the one with shaft drive, isn't it? That's almost a collectible. When I bought my 450 I had it in the back of my pickup and stopped to gas up. The station manager was going to offer me cash on the spot for it if it had been a 650.

Dave

Yeah, mechanically those GSes would last forever, but electrically they were cobbled together with bailing wire and friction tape.

The 650 is the one with shaft drive, isn't it? That's almost a collectible. When I bought my 450 I had it in the back of my pickup and stopped to gas up. The station manager was going to offer me cash on the spot for it if it had been a 650.

Dave

OH yeah, I've been over nearly the entire wiring harness with contact cleaner, soldering iron, and shinkwrap in hand. My 650 is a shaftie, but it is actually a 650 GS L (all L's are shaft drive). I actually would like to pick up one of the 1L+ GS's.

Mkay - newb revitalizing an old-arse thread here, but I love me a motor-sickle and found this thread... so here goes :rockin:

What do you ride?

2008 Suzuki B-King ("undercover" Hayabusa)

How long have you been riding?

about 10 years

How many have you owned?

1988 Yamaha YSR 50
1995 Suzuki GS500
2001 Suzuki Katana 750
2000 Suzuki Intruder LC
2007 Suzuki M109R
2008 Suzuki B-King (current)

Most memorable moment/event on your bike ?

Cross country road trip, solo, summer of 2009 to see my parents and riding SR-12 in Utah on the way back... MAN I need to do that again.

Show us your pictures :

Along SR-12 in Utah
DSCN0165-2.jpg

At a motel in Nebraska... As I was pulling in to the motel, 4 dudes in a pickup truck were "cruising" the parking lot, so I asked for a first floor room... lol
motorcycleinhotel.jpg

What do you ride ( s) 2000 Harley XLH883 (Sportster)

How long have you been riding ? For about two years

How many have you owned ? 2 bikes; Sportster and a Vulcan 500

Most memorable moment/event on your bike ? Every moment is memorable, I love riding. My fave small cruise is riding along the river to a burger joint north of my town.

Show us your pictures :

March '10
100_0680-1.jpg

When I first got it
DSC_0860-1.jpg

Early summer '10 (never mind the too-tight pants.. let's just say I've gained a few in the past couple of years :D )
DSC_1308.jpg

I rode street for 4 years. Been racing for 2 years now at willow springs in rosamond, CA. total of 6 years, ive binned it4 times, twice on the street, twice on the track.

ive owned a 04 R6, 05 R6, and currently 08 R6 race bike and 05 warrior street bike.

most memorable moment - got 3rd place in export class 600 super stock 2 months ago!!

racin!!!
ml70933.jpg

ml73216y.jpg

11493860.jpg

race6f24.jpg

street bike
warrior1g.jpg

I'll start:

What do you ride: CBR1100XX Blackbird (If Jesus rode a motorcycle it would be this one)

How long have you been riding ? Started on a 50cc when I was 4 (33 now)

How many have you owned? 6
Most memorable moment/event on your bike: I have two. The first was when I decided to ride from Killeen, Tx to Tulsa to store my bike for my last deployment to Iraq. I didn't check the weather and rode right into a monsterous blizzard that crippled most of eastern OK. That would have been 06 I think. My visor was freezing up and I had to ride by watching my ex-wife's tail lights to see the turns at 25 miles and hour. Miserable ride.

The second was my trip a few weeks ago to Tx Hill country to ride the "3 Sisters with my motorcycle club. We were there during the remnants of a tropical storm so it rained everyday but we still rode the hell out of the sisters and some other loops.

Show us your pictures :

I have no idea how to show pictures. You can see them on my facebook page if you want to. Send me an email I will send you the link.

What do you ride?
2007 Big Bear Chopper
2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400

How long have you been riding? 20yrs

How many have you owned? 5

Probably can't share it here. Lets just say it happened at a big biker party in the middle of nowhere, and she was pretty hot!

Show us your pictures :

2007 Big Bear Chopper
BBC_LakeWoodlands1.jpg

2009 Kawi Concours. It's a sport-touring bike, and my first non-American bike ever! And I must say, "I'm hooked"!!! Can't believe I deprived myself all these years of this pure riding pleasure!!!!! This was taken this past Spring on the Natchez Trace in Mississippi. Great ride, but the speed limit for the 450 miles is 50mph!!!
Concours_EmeraldMound_NatchezTrace.jpg

P.S. Thank goodness the 2009 color was Crimson! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

My 06 V Star 650. Fun bike but anything over 85mph was pushing it. Sold it to buy the 04 VStrom 1000, fantastic bike. Had to sell it prior to our move to Japan. Can't wait to buy another one.

I'm glad to see that there is at least one other scooterist on this board. I have a 1969 Vespa 125 Super and I'm currently putting my 1979 Vespa Primavera ET3 back together.

IMAG0047.jpg

What do you ride- 07 Road King Custom, Rigid Pro Street Sporty (I built)

How long have you been riding- Started at 6 on a 1970 Suzuki Trailhopper

How many have you owned- Too many to count

Most memorable moment/event on your bike- Took a trip to the Dragon two years ago on the Road King. Beautiful ride, great trip overall.

Show us your pictures-

ChopLinex8.jpg

ChopLinex11.jpg

KingfromtheRightSide.jpg

Here is an old Honda CB750 Chopper I built-

HondaChop.jpg

Me and my old man on my very first motorbike-

MeandtheOldMan-1.jpg

My first bike was an RZ500. For those not familiar it was a V4 2-stroke with two cranks and a 10 000rpm limit. Its a huge pity they don't make large capacity 2-stroke road bikes anymore.
I also had a silver BMW1150R complete with voice acivated intercom, heated grips etc. I did 20 000km in six months touring South Africa, Swaziland, Transkei, Namibia etc.

Back