what are you brewing and drinking this labor day weekend 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aycockbrews

Reaction score
I plan on doing my first brew. a pre hopped muntons bitter ipa. just need to get some supplies at the local brew store. I need a large spoon. new iodine. new yeast. thermometer. im prob gonna get some sierra nevada pale for me. and some SN tumbler for my wife. enjoy your weekend.

No weekend for me. 6 day work weeks until october, but Wednesday I'll be brewing a mac and jack clone.
And after I finish fixing my sister's car tonight I'll surely enjoy something tasty

Drinking my home Brew:

Requiem ( clone of "gravitation" by smuttynose)
Belgian Golden Strong
Hard Cider (apple juice with 2 pounds amber DME)

Brewing: 5 Gal batch belgian golden strong

Bottling: Pumpkin Ale

tac

Brewing BM's OctoberFAST ale. Bottling my IIPA, dubbed "Hop Gun" and drinking some SA Octoberfest and Yooper's Fat Sam ale I brewed a month or so back.

Also, Nebraska football opens this Saturday and my alma mater, South Dakota, is opening their season against Air Force as well. Go Yotes!

Brewing BM's OctoberFAST ale. Bottling my IIPA, dubbed "Hop Gun" and drinking some SA Octoberfest and Yooper's Fat Sam ale I brewed a month or so back.

Also, Nebraska football opens this Saturday and my alma mater, South Dakota, is opening their season against Air Force as well. Go Yotes!

GO BIG RED!
:mug:

Brewing up a belgian wheat type beer,im not shure yet until i am then ill finally get to it.As for what im drinking well tomarrow im going on a beer hunt to find some new and ones i havent tried and im also going back to get a few more bottles of shipyards smashed pumpkin.but i hope i can find SN Life and Limb somewhere.
Get some more hops to dryhopp that kit.Have fun on your first brew.

i havent tryed that SN life and limb. how is it? Dog Fish and SN how could it get any better. in fact i think they used maple syrup to condition the bottles.

http://life-limb.com/

the videos is pretty cool

Hoping to boil up a hoppy American Wheat with Sorachi Ace aroma and dryhop on Monday. Fermenting with S-05 for the first time. All my others have been with starters grown out of microbrew IPAs.

Also hoping to drink the first of my last batch, a black IPA

It's a bottling weekend for me. Just finished a corking Twisted Mist Margarita kit tonight. Tomorrow I'm bottling a Twisted Mist Mojito and a Blackberry Raspberry wine. May also bottle some Grahm's cider and Graff if it's clear enough.

Bottling sux. It takes too long. And I'm dang near out of bottles. Wtf?

Currently drinking some twisted margarita. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

well its sunday and im pretty beat. had both SN tumbler and pale ale friday night. went out for sushi on saturday had a sapporo and a asahi both 240z. then went to a local germany place for dinner. we have a hofbrauhaus here in vegas but the food isnt that good. dont get me wrong hofbrauhaus has great beer. but i found that the local place has a wider range of bottled german beer vs the hofbrauhaus kegged stuff. anyways the wife and i both had a Spaten optimator doppel bock. I asked the waitress to recomend a good dunkel. that what she brought me. We loved it. Has a nice sweet malty goodness. my brother had ordered a Ayinger Altbairisch dunkel. Label says "authentic bavarian dark lager" . my wife and i then orderd a hofbrauhaus hefe weizen. they didnt have any other hefe weizen. they went well with our dinner. today we had to run errons so we are making dinner and enjoying some OMG PBR!

Brewed a Belgian Blond yesterday morning. Doing the no-chill thing, so haven't pitched yet, and it's still chilling in the garage.

Making a starter now from the dregs of a bottle of Smuttynose Humunculus, which should be WLP500.

Drinking:
Standard Bitter (kegged)
American Brown Ale (kegged)
Sam Adams Oktoberfest

its been a long weekend i think im gonna take it easy on the beers! lol I didnt get a chance to brew this weekend. I got bussy with family and things around the house. so maybe in another week or so.

while I lied. end up going to a local micro brewery called big dogs brewery. had a few pints of IPA 7.2 abv very hoppy!

finishing off the "weekend" (right in the middle of my 6-day work week) with some widmer falconers IPA. didn't get any brewing done, got half way through replacing a power steering pump, but now i need a dealer-only part.

so it's been a normal holiday weekend for me.

Back