Ultimate Nail Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it powder activated? If so those have been banned in a lot of areas and have a couple of different safety's on them so you can't use them as a projectile.

wow, what some people will do.

seriously, I wonder if anyone would really buy that?

if it were actually real i'd love to see it in action

On second though, that is probably a kids toy that he just put up for a joke. It doesn't say dewalt anywhere on it and I have seen a lot of powder activated nail guns and NONE of them looked like assault rifles.

After some research... it is an M16 with dewalt paint and a battery casing epoxied to the magazine. Just some guys joke gun to bring to the range. It is unfortunate that people are trying to scam by selling it. I guess this sale is a fairly regular scam.

I am not only blind, but retarded as well.

not retarded, the pictures are too small...

here's some pictures off the link posted from another site:

DeWalt-16-Nail-Gun-.jpg

DeWalt-16-Nail-Gun--.jpg

sorry I wan't disputing whether the gun is real or not, I meant to say, could a nail shot from a gun (or something) with enough force from 200 yards away go into a 2 x 4 all the way.... and taking it a step further, could you nail 2 boards together from 200 yards away?

Having shot a (regular) nail gun off a roof before I think your issue will be that they are not aerodynamic enough to fly straight and sink themselves in a board. The nail will tumble through the air because of its shape. If you built a nail gun for the purpose to go 200 yards you could probably shoot enough nails that eventually one would hit correctly during its tumble and go into a board, but you'd probably also need special nails as a normal nail has too much surface area to weight, so it would slow down from wind resistance much faster than a bullet. As anything though, give it enough force and you could probably get it to go through a board at 200 yards, but it won't look like a nail anymore.

After some research... it is an M16 with dewalt paint and a battery casing epoxied to the magazine. Just some guys joke gun to bring to the range. It is unfortunate that people are trying to scam by selling it. I guess this sale is a fairly regular scam.

I wouldn't call it a scam. I think it's a joke ad. Since craigslist is free to list items, somebody thought it would be fun to see how many inquires an item like this would fetch, i.e. how gullible are people and who would actually pay good money for an assault nailer. Perhaps in a few days some blogger will turn up with a bunch of responses to the ad which could be entertaining to read.

Back