Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as going back a hundred years to kill John's great-gramma:

Surely his great-grandpa would still meet someone, fall in love, and have a child. Sure Sara and John's genetic makeup would be changed, but do they truly cease to exist? This is the best part about time travel stories, if you're doing something as rediculous as traveling through time, you can do ANYTHING to keep the story going because NOTHING is as rediculous as time travel itself. Just ask Stephen Hawking. Despite writing half a dozen books involving the physics of time travel, my impression of his more recent publications suggest he doesn't believe it exists in the form we like to use in science fiction stories.

As far as the character's lack of developement:

I think we need to give it a few episodes. Last night and tonight are just the pilot. Have you seen the pilots from huge hit shows like friends, frazier, Full House, etc. etc. etc. etc. They're all pretty crappy and it's clear that the actors haven't really figured out who their characters are yet. I'm willing to give this one a chance, but they better prove themselves soon.

shafferpilot said:
I think we need to give it a few episodes. Last night and tonight are just the pilot. Have you seen the pilots from huge hit shows like friends, frazier, Full House, etc. etc. etc. etc. They're all pretty crappy and it's clear that the actors haven't really figured out who their characters are yet. I'm willing to give this one a chance, but they better prove themselves soon.

Her name is Summer Glau, and I'll watch her for a while till the show bothers me that her good looks can't overcome the quality of the show. Or the commericals bother me too much, and then I'll just wait for the DVD's

summer_9174%20(2).jpg

I did think it was a little weird John Connor running around Stark naked with his hot ass mom and an anatomically correct she-terminator (remember the line, "wanna put those back in their holster?").:confused:

IDK... gave it another go last night and still found is lacking. I guess i'll tivo it and cruise through but so far I'm calling made for tv dud.

I'm a huge Firefly/Serenity fan (aka Browncoat) but I'm disappointed in this series so far. Hopefully they will develop the story a bit more. Mostly I hope they will let Summer do what she is capable of doing, which is a lot of amazing action.

I always wanted to bang Linda Hamilton-from the first movie-but as time went on and sequels came and went-not so much. :D

she got RIPPED for T2. kinda went down a few points in my book.

this series really doesn't interest me at all. i can't stand tv series that are based on movies and they have little to nothing to do with the original story. all they are here for is to make money from people who were fans of the originals and all they do is rape them.

waste of time if you ask me.

i love summer, tho. firefly was one of my fav series ever (too bad the execs didn't know amazing tv when they saw it :mad:)

Not impressed by the actors they choose but I'm still watching it. The whole Terminator plot is fasinating to me.

wow. i just watched the first three episodes. so let me get this straight...

john connor still hasn't got his **** together...he hasn't learned anything and all he can do is run away. he still gets tricked by terminators at every turn. i liked edward furlong better. at least he was believable as a little punk.

sarah, in spending her life protecting her son, has developed separation anxiety and has some deep abandonment issues. makes sense IRL, but come on...how the hell can you turn terminator into a soap opera???

one good point: summer glau has become a woman. she isn't that weird little girl from firefly anymore.

unfortunately, she was better in her previous role. i almost threw up when i heard "come with me if you wanna live."

and really, who cares how hot summer or Lena is...actresses aren't attractive unless they can deliver lines. well-written lines.

one more complaint: i know summer's terminator is supposed to be "different", but why does every other terminator i've seen so far have a huge personality? we're supposed to have killing machines here. they don't grimace when they run, they don't make jokes, they don't say goodbye. they kill. did the people that wrote and directed this never see a terminator movie?

i'm sorry, this show is a disgrace. two bionic thumbs straight the **** down.

wow. i just watched the first three episodes. so let me get this straight...

john connor still hasn't got his **** together...he hasn't learned anything and all he can do is run away. he still gets tricked by terminators at every turn. i liked edward furlong better. at least he was believable as a little punk.

sarah, in spending her life protecting her son, has developed separation anxiety and has some deep abandonment issues. makes sense IRL, but come on...how the hell can you turn terminator into a soap opera???

one good point: summer glau has become a woman. she isn't that weird little girl from firefly anymore.

unfortunately, she was better in her previous role. i almost threw up when i heard "come with me if you wanna live."

and really, who cares how hot summer or Lena is...actresses aren't attractive unless they can deliver lines. well-written lines.

one more complaint: i know summer's terminator is supposed to be "different", but why does every other terminator i've seen so far have a huge personality? we're supposed to have killing machines here. they don't grimace when they run, they don't make jokes, they don't say goodbye. they kill. did the people that wrote and directed this never see a terminator movie?

i'm sorry, this show is a disgrace. two bionic thumbs straight the **** down.

Maybe I am missing the point, but Summer's character is perfect. I see an obvious awkwardness--which I would consider completely accurate. You aren't going to have a "terminator" that comes out of the box a know-it-all. It (she) is learning as it goes. I think the writers are doing a good job portraying that with the stupid jokes and the awkwardness.

I agree that the plot could be better, but it is entertaining and I enjoyed the first season.

Maybe I am missing the point, but Summer's character is perfect. I see an obvious awkwardness--which I would consider completely accurate. You aren't going to have a "terminator" that comes out of the box a know-it-all. It (she) is learning as it goes. I think the writers are doing a good job portraying that with the stupid jokes and the awkwardness.

I agree that the plot could be better, but it is entertaining and I enjoyed the first season.

her character is fine, except her bad acting...she was better when she was crying all the time and then kicking everyone's ass in firefly. that was believable. on a side note, why is she just pushing terminators through walls instead of showing us her moves??? they need some better choreography.

but i was mailny talking about the other terminators, the ones that are supposed to be cold, killing machines.

it reallly comes down to bad acting and bad directing on top of a terrible plot. this show was made to make money. no other thought was put into it.

the only character i kind of like is the FBI guy. i'm going to continue watching it (i'm out of other tv shows at the moment :D) and see if it gets better, but the first four episodes were pretty damn lame IMNSHO.

Latest posts

Back