Sunday Night Football.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
I realize that John Madden is the chairman of the Brett Favre Asshat Committee, but this game is getting hard to watch.

I have nothing against Favre, but at this rate Madden will be performing unspeakable acts on Favre by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

I think I'll flip over to see how badly the Indians lose Game 3, watching this much longer isn't healthy.

For the past 3-4 years it has been hard for me to watch a game with John Madden as commentator. I really think he has lost his mind. Example: He spent 15 minutes talking about a 'cankle' during a game a few years back.

Haha, Maddens quasi-homosexual crush on Favre was dealt a blow as Favre tied the all-time NFL interceptions record and helped GB finally chalk up an L.

Sure, it prevented me from finally overtaking Yooper in the pick'em league, but what're ya gonna do? I'm in 2nd place...I can't believe she picked Chicago! Her and her damn Shiny Logo scheme.

jezter6 said:
It's an office league - one of my programmers.

I think the point he Rich was trying to make was: you're calling him the tard, while you're at the bottom, and he's near the top. It's like calling someone a tard when they cover their eyes and put all their chips on a random roullette position...and proceed to win a bunch of money. :D

Guess this is as good a place as any to b!tch about the friggen packers. WTF, hold onto the fargin ball you dipsh!t muthafuggers! Like you fargin wanted to lose that game!!!!!!!

There, I feel better.

DesertBrew said:
Guess this is as good a place as any to b!tch about the friggen packers. WTF, hold onto the fargin ball you dipsh!t muthafuggers! Like you fargin wanted to lose that game!!!!!!!

There, I feel better.

What do you expect from the guy who is tied for the all-time NFL interception record? :cross:

Evan! said:
What do you expect from the guy who is tied for the all-time NFL interception record? :cross:

I would expect hom to have the alltime TD record and a Hall of Fame career.

The fumbles weren't Favre. A hail Mary INT at the end of the game that almost went the other way can't be of concern.

His INT to Urlacher was just bizarre.

Yeah, the fumbles weren't favre...but the INT's didn't help. I'm just glad he waited till next weekend to break the record. Sean Taylor's gonna throw him a ticker-tape parade. ;)

Hey, I'll get on Favre as much as the next guy, and I *did* turn to my wife and guarantee that Favre was going to throw a pick on that drive.... but that one to end the game wasn't THAT egregious. I mean, he pretty much had to put one up and pray at that point, and he got them in a position to tie the game. One play left, no timeouts, they KNOW you're going endzone - that ball will be picked off more often than not.

Besides, you've got to be a helluva quarterback to be in a position to throw more interceptions than anyone else. It's really a meaningless record, 95% indicative of a player's longevity, 5% indicative of his decision-making. Quarterbacks who throw a lot of interceptions without also throwing a lot of TDs and overall helping their teams win don't tend to start too many games.

What I'm curious about is how they were only working the middle of the field on the way down, that last drive. Cost them a lot of clock, and I suspect that Favre in other times would have been forcing balls into coverage on the sidelines. I've love to see the scouting tapes on that drive - Chicago must have been doing a kick-ass job of covering the sidelines. I didn't like Favre yelling at his coach (even though the coach effed up and called the timeout), it sets a really piss-poor example when your team leader and your head coach are seen in direct conflict.

Yea, only the Urlacker pick was stupid. Jones who has been good was the butthead who let the game get away. That and not playing aggressive in the second half.

Bird, I agree on the quick hits at the end of the game in the middle was bizarre. The play before the hail mary play I was watching the sidelines though and the DB's we're practically out of bounds. Think that's all he had was the middle.

DesertBrew said:
Yea, only the Urlacker pick was stupid. Jones who has been good was the butthead who let the game get away. That and not playing aggressive in the second half.

Bird, I agree on the quick hits at the end of the game in the middle was bizarre. The play before the hail mary play I was watching the sidelines though and the DB's we're practically out of bounds. Think that's all he had was the middle.

I started yelling at Favre (he's starting for me in FFB) that he was wasting clock until I remembered that working the middle (even without timeouts) was how Brady got us down the field during the '01 Super Bowl. I have to say, even though that drive wasn't successful, I was pretty impressed - he basically took what was available and got them in a position where they could easily have tied it up, the receiver just needed to make a play. It's not like it was a hail mary at the end.

There was another pass that was almost intercepted on that drive, and I can't remember exactly what happened - was that a tipped ball, or was it a bad/dumb pass?

I guess I should have just hit mute and watched the rest of it. I gave up at halftime because it looked like the Packers were going to walk away with it.

Now, where's that Lions suck thread....

the_bird said:
There was another pass that was almost intercepted on that drive, and I can't remember exactly what happened - was that a tipped ball, or was it a bad/dumb pass?

Don't remember the play but I vaguely recall the situation. In the second half I upgraded from the champagne of beers to an imperial IPA growler a buddy brought over. It got foggy towards the end of the game. and the wife was getting pissed with all the f bombs I was dropping.

Looked like you got your quota out of favre in FFB though. 26.88 ain't too shabby especially with 2 pics.

Latest posts

Back