Silly bottling laws

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
About a year back I attended a beer and cheese tasting. There was beer, and there was cheese. Unfortunately I dont remember the name of the brewery that was providing the beers, I just remember them being superb.

One brew had a label with a print from a painting that is hanging at the Louvre. Victory depicted as a nude woman carrying a flag and leading soldiers into battle. Lovely painting, really, I forget its name as well.

New York, I think Wisconsin and Texas all refused to allow the beer to come to market. Nudity and alcoholic beverages together accounts for why most of us are here today, but apparently it upsets the sensibilities of some. After tireless work they were able to get a legal waver on the rule. Once again, all was right with the world.

Then came Ohio... no problem with the bewbs... but depicting anything involving the military or weapons on a label for an alcoholic beverage is verboten.

Go figure.

And this coming from a liberal. :ban:

So... I would like to take this opportunity to come out in favor of the following:

1) The armed forces, even those in France...
2) Bewbs
3) Victory
4) The Louvre
and 5) Beer

Latest posts

Back