New Budweiser Ad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn514

Reaction score
Brewing Friends...

While we may have cause to avoid the BMC trio, I just watched a new ad from Budweiser in honor of 9/11. The ad brought tears to my eyes. While it is obvious what the product is that the ad is trying to sell, honoring those innocent Americans who lost their lives that day is the overall focus of the ad. Bravo, Bud/INBEV for that minute of honor.

glenn514:mug:

No need to bash BMC it is what it is. They brew a very hard beer consistently day after day. Now it may not be your liking now a days that you have found craft beer.

There are 2 types of beers:

1. An alcohol delivery system that does not let flavor get in the way.
2. A flavor delivery system that has the added bonus of having alcohol built in.

Both beers have their place.

That was a pretty neat trick to teach the horses to bow. Now if they would have taught the coachmen to remove thier hats during that same moment of reverence.
I'm just sayin :)

Wow, way to use a national tragedy to sell beer. Classy.

Totally agree. As someone who's worked in radio and TV I can tell you when an ad like this makes you think "Oh, isn't it great that they're doing this as a tribute" then it's completely calculated to do that to make you want to buy their beer. They're being far from selfless and respectful. If they really wanted to do it simply as a tribute, they'd keep their name off it and let it stand for what it is. Hell, people would find out who did it and it would still have the same effect in the end but it wouldn't be completely "Look at us. we're spending to money to demonstrate that we care. So buy our product now because we're what good americans buy."

Trying to make a buck off a 9-11 is terrible. I think the commercial was lame. That is one minute I'll never get back.

So is there any way for them to honor the fallen emergency crews and people without looking like they are trying to make a buck off of it?

Definitely. I think I'll give up Bud for Lent.

Starting now.

Totally agree. As someone who's worked in radio and TV I can tell you when an ad like this makes you think "Oh, isn't it great that they're doing this as a tribute" then it's completely calculated to do that to make you want to buy their beer. They're being far from selfless and respectful. If they really wanted to do it simply as a tribute, they'd keep their name off it and let it stand for what it is. Hell, people would find out who did it and it would still have the same effect in the end but it wouldn't be completely "Look at us. we're spending to money to demonstrate that we care. So buy our product now because we're what good americans buy."

Trying to make a buck off a 9-11 is terrible. I think the commercial was lame. That is one minute I'll never get back.

So is there any way for them to honor the fallen emergency crews and people without looking like they are trying to make a buck off of it?

Yes. Make the tribute but leave names, logo's, and branding out of it. Sincerity in anonymity.

Enough said. WTF.

Everyone knows that Toby Keith and Alan Jackson were just trying to sell lots of records too, right? It amazes me when people buy into that crap. "Oh, he's so patriotic! Here's my 15 bucks for a CD and let me know when he's in town so I can buy an $85 concert ticket to see him be patriotic in person!"

Country music patriots.......don't get me started.

Those Shameless, talentless, hacks singing about how their phucking farm is watched over by GOD and their shotgun....

(WHY TF do you need a shotgun if GOD has got your back???)

PANDERING at it's best.

Say what you will about Bud, they put out good ads.

I disagree. It would have been in poor taste to show the beer yes, but they did nothing more have their logo at the end. Didn't notice if it was on the horse cart or not, but c'mon, it's a bud commercial and you'd have known that just from the Clydesdales. I think it was a nice gesture. They are the symbol of beer for America after all.

Agree about the coachmen and their hats though.

The symbol for american beer.....that is foriegn owned.

I could care less, but if they are AMERICAN BEER, WTF?

:off:Did that ad on this page play properly for everyone else? Mine was all jazzy and weird. I may need to fix something if it's just me. I've seen this on some other vids as well. If it's just me it will affect how I do my job. :(

The symbol for american beer.....that is foriegn owned.

I could care less, but if they are AMERICAN BEER, WTF?
Despite who it's owned by, like it or not, it is the American Beer.

:off:Did that ad on this page play properly for everyone else? Mine was all jazzy and weird. I may need to fix something if it's just me. I've seen this on some other vids as well. If it's just me it will affect how I do my job. :(

Played fine for me.

It is unfortunate that all the early craft brewers were put out of business by prohibition.

Bud survived because it sold Malt extract on a large scale. (with instructions that read: do NOT boil with water and hops and add yeast;))

It is a tough call. Pandering comes to my mind, but I guess they could have spent the money on other advertising that might have been more lucrative.

Back