Looking for a new job?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a great job.

When I was in Germany I used to climb mountains freestyle. I fell about 65 ft in '77 or '78, but I continued climbing without equipment for several more years until I gave it up entirely...still hike though. :D

I'd do that LONG before you would get me up a ladder to check them lines. ON the helo you're chances of getting fried are MUCH less and he's belted to that thing like you wouldnt believe. BTW I've never seen a bird drop dead off on of those lines either

I didn't see what all the fuss is about, so he is sitting on a helicopter. so, he is attaching some stuff to the wires.

Wait, what are you doing, don't get off. . .AAAHHHH!

That pilot is amazingly good!

Sort of reminds me of a film in EE: " An example of a high-resistance, intermittent power line short."
A parachutist swinging from the line, going ZORK, ZORK, ZORK at the low point in the swing.

That's a lot like my job, except that I sit at a desk in an office, no where near exposed electricity. But otherwise, it's the same thing.

I wish I had the balls to do it, once you get past the fear I bet its fun as hell. What a job? Hey homebrewer_99... you fell 60 feet onto ???? grass?? How did you not die?

My friend is a climber, fell 20 feet (10 feet up from last hook in the rock) and hit his head, thinks he should've died.

My Dad used to that when he was younger. He retired last year from BC Hydro. Now that I've seen that video, I can't believe he was nuts enough to do that back then!!

He also has some crazy stories about chopper pilots that we vietnam vets and moved on up to Canada after the war. Hugging the treetops at break neck speeds, whipping around power lines on inspections kind of stories.

BierMuncher, I could do it too, but it reminds me of that joke where the pirate captain sees 20 English ships on the horizon and announces "Bring me my brown pants!"

eviltwinofjoni said:
BierMuncher, I could do it too, but it reminds me of that joke where the pirate captain sees 20 English ships on the horizon and announces "Bring me my brown pants!"

I thought it was 1 eng capt. sees 20 Pirates. ( since Eng capt. wore white pints and pirates wore whatever they could steal out of the whores locker)

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
I thought it was 1 eng capt. sees 20 Pirates. ( since Eng capt. wore white pints and pirates wore whatever they could steal out of the whores locker)

Ah yes and his Red shirt...

I remember when I was learning about potential and they showed us vid's of those guys. Crazy stuff. If that copter brushes anything....:mug:

Back