LOL!!!! My goofball SWMBO just bought a car...in Qatar!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I guess she got a really good quote with a crapload of rebates through Jeep and AAFES car sales, and so she just pulled the trigger on a 2006 Jeep Liberty. I'm happy for her.

We had a 2004 Lib and traded it last spring for a Saturn Ion--mainly for fuel economy reasons--but she regretted the decision almost immediately. Not enough room and she hated being down low after driving the Lib.

Now, I need to try to sell the freaking Saturn because AAFES doesn't take trades....wish me luck.

good luck - a liberty is what i want but due to fuel and financial concerns i ended up with a toyota yaris(oh the shame)

Wow nice!

And weird from my standpoint. With all the white crap on the road my t-bird is useless so I went out to start SWMBO's '01 Malibu this AM and needless to say, It didn't. :mad: This POS has been nickle and diming me for the last year, and it's time for it to GO.

What's weird is that I'm pushing her toward the Liberty. I've never had a Yeep, so I was gonna throw it out to you guys this evening to get your takes...

Whatcha think? Dude likes his apparently.

Ize

Good luck Dude! :mug:
I've heard that can be a great way to purchase a car or motorcycle.
Do you get to pick it up or do you have to wait for SWMBO to return home?

Ize said:
Wow nice!
What's weird is that I'm pushing her toward the Liberty. I've never had a Yeep, so I was gonna throw it out to you guys this evening to get your takes...

Whatcha think? Dude likes his apparently.

Ize

We loved the Lib. It rides nice, it has plenty of room, and we are Jeep partial. I want the Commander, BAD.
RichBrewer said:
Good luck Dude! :mug:
I've heard that can be a great way to purchase a car or motorcycle.
Do you get to pick it up or do you have to wait for SWMBO to return home?

I'm gonna leave it for her to pick it up. She needs the pick me up.

Supposedly they will hold delivery until she gets back. Oddly enough, it will be delivered to the jeep dealer literally acrrss the street behind my house. Her lib will be within walking distance!

olllllo said:
The Lib will probably see more trail time there then our Rubis (sigh).

Mine's getting her cherry busted next weekend--going up to crozet for some rock crawling. Finally. :D

I like the Compass and the 4 door Wrangler. I am really missing my Jeep, especially now that we're buying all sorts of junk for the house and I could really use the extra cargo space. Unfortunately, I'm more concerned with gas mileage these days so switching back really isn't an option unless I get the Lib diesel but I don't like the Lib all that much.

todd_k said:
I could really use the extra cargo space. .

You need a minivan. :D

And Dude I hope you like the Liberty, we test drove one in their first model year but SWMBO preferred the Hyundai Sante Fe (so you know which one we got). I recently sold my '92 Wrangler and am still regretting it even though I drove it so little.

Wait for the '08, looks a lot more like the cherokee did, which IMHO, looked great (oh, and my '01 cherokee looks great too and is a workhorse)

AAFES...... Gotta love 'em. I am active duty Air Force and I avoid them at all cost. I was stationed in England for 4 years and you can get some good deals on new cars but I still despise them.

Latest posts

Back