it's raining Iguanas in Florida!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy to be dealing with the snow rather than lizards falling from the sky.

It is amazing what you can find on the internet:

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=alh&ei=EnBGS4mEI4uGNqnZhZ4D&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAYQBSgA&q=iguana+stew+recipe&spell=1"]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=alh&ei=EnBGS4mEI4uGNqnZhZ4D&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAYQBSgA&q=iguana+stew+recipe&spell=1[/ame]

IGUANA STEW

INGREDIENTS

1 iguana
2 onions
1 tsp salt
1/2 lb carrots
1 tsp culantro
1 small ball recardo
vinegar, lime
1 sweet pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 lb cabbage
2 cloves garlic
1/4 lb tomato
coconut oil

METHOD:

1. Skin and clean the iguana. Wash thoroughly in vinegar and lime.
2. Rub in seasonings - salt, black pepper, recardo, onions, garlic, culantro and sweet pepper. Leave to stand for about 20 mins.
3. Place enough coconut oil in pot to cover the bottom and heat it up. When hot, put in meat. Keep turning and adding a little water for about 30 mins.
4. Add cut up carrots, cabbage and tomato. Cook for another 30 mins.

If life gives you iguanas, make stew! :D

I like the story about a guy who collected a bunch of them, which then thawed out in his car.

That makes me sad.:( I've had iguanas and they are the most abused pet out there. Because their cheap, people buy them and have zero idea how to properly take care of them. People are stupid.:mad:

That makes me sad.:( I've had iguanas and they are the most abused pet out there. Because their cheap, people buy them and have zero idea how to properly take care of them. People are stupid.:mad:

I completely agree with you on the fact that people are stooooooopid. I gave raised many a pets in my time. I have always wanted an iquana but I actually took the time to research them and decided that I didn't have neither the time (they can live for a loooooong time) nor the space for them.

I still would love to raise one but my knowledge sill prevents it. On a side note, they do taste fantastic. You grind and cook them correctly and they taste like chicken.......

I knew a guy (no friend of mine, just friend of a friend) that had an iguana.
He thought it was the funniest thing in the world to throw him across the room at the window and watch him grab the curtains.
I went over and picked the little guy up off of the curtains and he was shaking he was so terrified.
I told the dude that if I even heard mention of him doing that ever again, I was coming back to take the iguana and burn the damn house down.
About a week after, he gave the iguana to someone that would be nice to him.
I sure hope that dude's been thrown across a room daily since then.

I still would love to raise one but my knowledge sill prevents it. On a side note, they do taste fantastic. You grind and cook them correctly and they taste like chicken.......

Their not at all difficult to keep as long as you have the room for a big enclosure that's properly heated. They have specific nutritional requirements, but are cheap to feed.

I've had my leopard gecko since '97.
Super easy to take care of. (though probably not as tasty and surely not as meaty)

Latest posts

Back