GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a comedy in any sense of the meaning from what I can tell. Just a unique look a peoples' struggles and misery. I can't remember any bright moments, but I didn't watch very long.

3 episodes in on "Mad Dogs", and I can't say yay or nay. The problem is that none of the main players are really likeable. On the other hand, I just finished "Goliath" on Prime and it was fantastic. You realy like the good guys and really hate the bad guys. Well done.

As a big fan of Mythbusters, I thought the White Rabbit Project would be good, but it's disappointing. They basically just talk the whole time and there's very little building / testing, and no explosions. Some of the stories are interesting, but this show has almost nothing in common with the original show and lacks all of the charm IMO.

Just started Sense8. It took 2-3 episodes to really get into it, but I'm loving it so far. Good if you're into weird sci-fi stuff (done by the Wachowskis, the brain trust behind The Matrix).

I just started watching The Magicians on Netflix. The premise sounded interesting. Kind of a Harry Potter for Adults (f bombs and PG Sex). Thought I would just watch one episode, got to say I am hooked and on episode 5.

Just started Sense8. It took 2-3 episodes to really get into it, but I'm loving it so far. Good if you're into weird sci-fi stuff (done by the Wachowskis, the brain trust behind The Matrix).

does move kinda slow, but I like it

not all shows have to be gun play and **** blowing up. most, but not all

in the 90s I thought every show & movie should have gun play and **** blowing up, then throw in Gabrielle Anwar and you got a deal... so like "Three Musketeers" !!! got all those, even if it's 17th century guns

then she hacked her face. still watched Burn Notice, tho

Been watching Con Man on Comic Con HQ. Also Kings of Con on same channel.

Con Man follows the character played by Alan Tudyk, who is a down on his luck actor who once played the pilot in a fan favorite, but short lived sci-fi series called Spectrum (Think Firefly/Serenity). He now follows the convention circuit looking for a big break and basically being bothered by his booking agent and various other actors and fans. Lots of cameos from other actors such as Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion, Sean Astin, etc. Anyone related to Firefly, or Dr. Horrible, or just friends with Alan Tudyk.

Kings of Con follows the antics of Rob Benedict and Richard Speight, two actors who follow the convention circuit interacting with several other actors from shows they've been attached to previously (But mostly Supernatural). Hilarity ensues. Rob and Dick were both on the TV show Supernatural and MC Supernatural conventions around the nation and the world. They host Karaoke nights. Rob is the lead singer and songwriter in Louden Swain, an "alt Rock" group who also does the theme song.

I guess both of the creators of the show wanted to give the fans some fictional insight as to what goes on behind the scenes of conventions.

Both are pretty funny and well worth the short episode time. Bonus entertainment if you are familiar with either of the shows.

I just got introduced to Kodi in July. After watching 3 or 4 films on my laptop since hooking it up to the TV, I took the plunge and bought a Kodi Box on Amazon after it became too much of a hassle to connect the cord. The best $79 I've spent in quite a long time.

It beats Netflix hands down, uses your existing internet connection, kicks @ss on Torrents, and I can still play those in any format! The best thing about it, it's all free.......... after the initial investment of course. If you've got a laptop, an HDMI cord is $8.

Do yourself a favor, check out "Kodi" on YouTube. It's a fantastic alternative. I cut the cord 5 years ago. $120 per month for DirectTV, x 12 x 5 = $7,200 Yeah, I think I'm ahead. At first it was kind of limited. NOT ANYMORE.

I have Roku, Kodi, and an antenna. More TV & Movies in 1080p than I could ever watch.

HBT turned me onto Roku, my daughter showed me Kodi, and the Internet gave me the antenna idea.

Next year Santa is bringing me a 4K TV.

Thank you everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only about 3 episodes in so far, but I'm digging "the OA"

Bit of a sci-fi thing going on... A blind girl goes missing for 7 years, then shows up again and is able to see.

does move kinda slow, but I like it

not all shows have to be gun play and **** blowing up. most, but not all

in the 90s I thought every show & movie should have gun play and **** blowing up, then throw in Gabrielle Anwar and you got a deal... so like "Three Musketeers" !!! got all those, even if it's 17th century guns

then she hacked her face. still watched Burn Notice, tho

Have you watched Burn Notice?

ummm

& speaking of Jeffrey Donovan, he was AWESOME in Fargo season 2, but so was everybody

& his new show, Shut Eye is pretty good, 1st season on Hulu

Season 2 Fargo with Jefferey Donovan was savage. And fun to see Bruce Campbell (Micheal Weston's buddy on BN) on that series as well. He played a convincing Reagan.

I just got introduced to Kodi in July. After watching 3 or 4 films on my laptop since hooking it up to the TV, I took the plunge and bought a Kodi Box on Amazon after it became too much of a hassle to connect the cord. The best $79 I've spent in quite a long time.

It beats Netflix hands down, uses your existing internet connection, kicks @ss on Torrents, and I can still play those in any format! The best thing about it, it's all free.......... after the initial investment of course. If you've got a laptop, an HDMI cord is $8.

Do yourself a favor, check out "Kodi" on YouTube. It's a fantastic alternative. I cut the cord 5 years ago. $120 per month for DirectTV, x 12 x 5 = $7,200 Yeah, I think I'm ahead. At first it was kind of limited. NOT ANYMORE.

I have Roku, Kodi, and an antenna. More TV & Movies in 1080p than I could ever watch. Add "Rotten Tomatoes" and everything is top notch!

HBT turned me onto Roku, my daughter showed me Kodi, and the Internet gave me the antenna idea.

Next year Santa is bringing me a 4K TV.

Thank you everyone!

this is spammy

Captive is good. A little perspective for those who are crying about election results. We have first world problems...

I'm sorry, No spam. Just returning the favor.

Best part is....................................... Kodi.............................. it's all free. The definition of spam requires that there must be something in it for me.

I just finished Westworld, The Big Sleep, & The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Kodi last week. I'm waiting for Game of Thrones with lots of anticipation. :rockin:

My bad. DWHAHB. ;)

Salesmen stink.

P.S. Nice @ss!

I prefer Plex personally. Plex is by far the most used application on my roku, although my wife watches a lot of youtube.

I use Plex at my house. I like it. A guy at work mentioned it. Another guy uses Kodi and mentioned Plex because he used to use it.

The guy using Kodi likes it because it supposedly allows for better automation with downloads and whatnot. I do all of that manually. I don't need my system to have media on the server when I come home.

I have been curious to look at Kodi, but not curious enough to actually do it.

Reminded of this one this weekend. Just showed it to a friend yesterday and he loved it. Wish they made more of them!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg1mxlzEP3Q[/ame]

He also reminded me of Son of Zorn. Have to check that one out as well. Looks pretty funny.

We've been watching Person Of Interest. It's actually pretty good for a major network show. The bad guy from lost is the main character and Sarah Shahi is really nice looking so that's a plus.

I tried PoI first few episodes and it didn't grab me. Seems like it expected me to suspend too much disbelief

But Sarah Shahi... we may have to revisit the show

Sarah Shahi is hot as ****. She's good in the show Life. Check it out; it's on Netflix.

we did watch that, liked it, sad it was only 2 seasons

sure they've been mentioned before, but all the Netflix original Marvel super-hero shows are good. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage. think next up is Punisher, Defenders then DD season 3, JJ season 2

Actually just read somewhere Iron Fist is coming in March, Defenders in the summer (July?), and Punisher sometime after that in 2017.

good to know, thanks for the clarification

really looking forward to Punisher. Beranthal is doing a good job, makes a great Frank Castle

:mug::tank::rockin:

I tried PoI first few episodes and it didn't grab me. Seems like it expected me to suspend too much disbelief

But Sarah Shahi... we may have to revisit the show

I suggest you give it another try. It definitely gets much better as it goes on. I felt the same way about TWD when we first started watching it, stupid show, same dumb plot line over and over, but it got better. Now I really want someone to whack Neegan so bad it's not funny.

Also the girl who plays 'Root' in PoI is pretty cute too in my opinion.

I suggest you give it another try. It definitely gets much better as it goes on.

I will do that, thanks!

Also the girl who plays 'Root' in PoI is pretty cute too in my opinion.

Amy Acker

look for her as Fred Burkle in Angel; dang cute, but they did a bad thing to the character near the end. I won't spoil it

also the Dr./Whiskey in Dollhouse (another Joss Whedon show she was in). it's on Netflix, I'd recommend that. It's got Eliza Dushku (another Whedon regular, also in BtVS) and Alan Tudyk (ANOTHER Whedon regular, from Firefly/Serenity) 2 seasons with each having an epilogue. watch them after their respective seasons. there's also 2 versions of the pilot, one is better than the other, but can't remember which one

I could go on forever about the Whedon 'Verse, so I will: in Dollhouse, the standout is Enver Gjokaj (Agent Carter's wounded veteran partner. hey! ANOTHER Whedon connection!). he is just OUTSTANDING in Dollhouse. look for the episode in which a girl's mind is implanted in his brain. he really takes acting to another level

Amy Acker is also in Con Man, an Alan Tudyk web show. She plays Dawn, a former co-star of Alan's from when they were filming "Spectrum". Dawn is crazy, and hot, and married with 2 kids, but still crazy hot for Alan's character.

Amy Acker is also in Con Man, an Alan Tudyk web show. She plays Dawn, a former co-star of Alan's from when they were filming "Spectrum". Dawn is crazy, and hot, and married with 2 kids, but still crazy hot for Alan's character.

DEFINITELY will have to check that out

also saw Felicia Day in there, she's another from the Whedon 'Verse. BtVS, Dollhouse Epilogues and Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog

and, here's another one to catch on Netflix: The Guild

Really liked Daredevil, the Flash, and Arrow. Luke Cage wasn't too bad either. Just got through Shameless, which is pretty addicting. William H Macy makes a great addict. Not one you want your kids watching though. My wife really likes Sherlock and House.

Really liked Daredevil, the Flash, and Arrow. Luke Cage wasn't too bad either. Just got through Shameless, which is pretty addicting. William H Macy makes a great addict. Not one you want your kids watching though. My wife really likes Sherlock and House.

Don't miss Jessica Jones. It is right up there with Daredevil and much better than Luke Cage

Don't miss Jessica Jones. It is right up there with Daredevil and much better than Luke Cage

Thanks, I'll have to give that one a look. Was wondering what I was going to watch now that I finished Shameless.

Back