Favorite "Unplugged" album?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracked1

Reaction score
For years I have had the Nirvana Unplugged album near the top of my list. Not just as far as Unplugged albums are concerned but near the top of my list for ALL albums. For some reason lately I've been going more towards the Alice in Chains Unplugged. Damn, that's a great album... :rockin:

Nirvana Unplugged is my favorite album of all time. I've listened that album way too many times since high school. I used to listen to "Where did you sleep last night" every night as I drove in to work as the last song before I got out of my car.

Pearl Jam.

I can't remember if it was Springsteen or Melissa Etheridge doing the show, but I have a recording of the two of them together on Unplugged doing Thunder Road and it's incredible.

And (just because I have a little bit of a crush on the ladies in this band and because Bono made an appearance), the Corrs.

Edit: LL Cool J was awesome in his appearance too.

Just a great reminder of what MTV was supposed to be instead of the trash it now hosts...

the cure, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, STP, AIC, as mentioned above... great shows and music.

Just a great reminder of what MTV was supposed to be instead of the trash it now hosts...

the cure, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, STP, AIC, as mentioned above... great shows and music.

All great shows/albums that I remember actually watching. Ahhh, the good ole' days!

I've always preferred the original versions, but I like the Pearl Jam unplugged the best that I've seen. Maybe a couple of Eagles tunes too.

Wasn't the Alice in Chains show the one where Hetfield, Hammett and Newsted showed up with short haircuts and The guys started making fun of them?

Alice in Chains is the disc that I still pull out occasionally, but Nirvana has a special place for me because I saw them a week before they recorded unplugged. I should try to find a bootleg of the show, but I know they played at least one song that they'd eventually play for unplugged

I remember recording the Pearl Jam Unplugged on VHS... Cheesey commercials and all. On that same tape I have the MTV Grunge Countdown. That was a pretty great show. I played it for my 16 year old daughter the other day and even though she enjoyed the music, I think she was more interested in the commercials from back then. They really can give you a good view in to pop culture of the time.

I still have a CD single of STP's "Sex Type Thing," which I got only because the B-side (side?) had an unplugged version of Plush that was recorded on Headbangers' Ball.

For years I have had the Nirvana Unplugged album near the top of my list. Not just as far as Unplugged albums are concerned but near the top of my list for ALL albums. For some reason lately I've been going more towards the Alice in Chains Unplugged. Damn, that's a great album... :rockin:

Those are two of my favorite albums.

I make it a point to not mention it when comes to Nirvana albums though as it doesn't fit into the mold of Nirvana albums.

In my mind it's a stand alone worthy of adoration, but falls outside the cannon of Nirvana works in that it is starkly different than most everything else.

I over analyze things though...

Those are two of my favorite albums.

I make it a point to not mention it when comes to Nirvana albums though as it doesn't fit into the mold of Nirvana albums.

In my mind it's a stand alone worthy of adoration, but falls outside the cannon of Nirvana works in that it is starkly different than most everything else.

I over analyze things though...

I understand... There was, however, a box set called "With the Lights Out" that mixed it up with some interesting (and some horrible) versions of some of the Unplugged songs, some of the songs from other albums and some previously unreleased. It had some more Huddie Ledbetter covers, some 4 track and cassette tape recorded demos and some songs with just Cobain playing an acoustic guitar and screaming.

I understand... There was, however, a box set called "With the Lights Out" that mixed it up with some interesting (and some horrible) versions of some of the Unplugged songs, some of the songs from other albums and some previously unreleased. It had some more Huddie Ledbetter covers, some 4 track and cassette tape recorded demos and some songs with just Cobain playing an acoustic guitar and screaming.

If he did more screaming, or any, on Unplugged I might think differently.

I'll have to check it out.

"You Know You're Right" comes from that doesn't it?

Stevie Ray Vaughan was on there once as well. I have a few songs from that, but I don't think there's a whole album. May that guy could play a guitar. A white Jimi Hendrix IMO.

Tough to decide between AIC and Nirvana. I love them both. As a matter of fact, I think I just decided on the music selection for my next brewday.

Pearl Jam's unplugged for me.

I just recently watched their documentary Pearl Jam Twenty by Cameron Crowe. Brought back lots of memories.

My uncle recently worked with Dave Grohl. I met him at a party in 2009 right when they became friendly. He's a really nice guy, and kept complimenting my tattoos. I held it in the whole party but as we were leaving I had to tell him that Nirvana pretty much influenced my life for good in high school. He smiled and said thank you. I thought that was cool. I should have said thank you, but he had the humility to say it to me.

Here's my uncle's band website. The last picture in the slideshow is him and Dave signing at one of their shows:

http://waywardsonsmusic.com/

Adam Sandler's wife and kids were also at the party. His wife is really nice and thanked me for occupying all the kids. I was just trying to make my cousin laugh, I had no idea that I was also playing with Adam Sandler's kids too!

Yup... Somewhere on disc 3 I think. Another one of those that Cobain recorded at home on cassette.

That was a really good song, bittersweet.

My uncle recently worked with Dave Grohl. I met him at a party in 2009 right when they became friendly. He's a really nice guy, and kept complimenting my tattoos. I held it in the whole party but as we were leaving I had to tell him that Nirvana pretty much influenced my life for good in high school. He smiled and said thank you. I thought that was cool. I should have said thank you, but he had the humility to say it to me.

Here's my uncle's band website. The last picture in the slideshow is him and Dave signing at one of their shows:

http://waywardsonsmusic.com/

Adam Sandler's wife and kids were also at the party. His wife is really nice and thanked me for occupying all the kids. I was just trying to make my cousin laugh, I had no idea that I was also playing with Adam Sandler's kids too!

I'm glad to hear that. I've always heard cool thing about Grohl. The closest I got to Nirvana was seeing Novaselic and Eyes Adrift.

Nirvana - Unplugged, that is a seminal album, hard to find better.
I also really like The Cure, and come to think of it Bjoerk, almost all of the Unplugged series were phenomenal, they brought new life to so many songs and bands.

Back