Enter our homebrew competition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rahahb

Reaction score
Alcohol Through Fermentation(ATF) is hosting its 2nd annual BJCP sanctioned competition this July 27th, the Crystal Coast Brew Off. We are in need of many more entries so don't be shy! It will be hosted at the new Beer Army Combat Brewery, but if you can't make it, you can still enter your beers of course.

http://beerarmy.com/page/crystal-coast-brew-off

Please PM if you have any questions. We'd love to have you! :D:rockin:

EDIT: We are also having a raffle. If you can make it to the competition, it could pay off to enter it. The guy getting sponsors is doing a killer job. So
far we have sponsors like: home brew stuff, white labs, LaMotte Co, Bull city burger and brew, micro matic, Briess Malt & Ingredients Co, five star chemicals, New Belgium, fastrack, homebrew supply, mini brew, and Harpoon Brewery. There are more. There is a VERY good chance to win.

I might just send a couple of bottles your way! They'll be very fresh too!

Just registered and paid. Don't think I'll be making a trip out from Minnesota but happy to participate. Hope you guys have a great competition day.

Just registered and paid. Don't think I'll be making a trip out from Minnesota but happy to participate. Hope you guys have a great competition day.

Nice! Glad to have you or your beer in place of you. :mug:

So far, we are just doing the ribbons for categories and best of show. We are still new at this but we have talked about potentially having prizes for each category in addition to the ribbons.

We are having a raffle as well. I would say I could organize that for people that want to participate but won't be present, but there is a good chance I'll be working too late to catch that. :(

Ribbons are cool. Might have something ready. Just bottled my IPA tonight so it should be good to go on that day.

Without checking, I think we just need the bottles by the 24th. I may be able to budge on that in a circumstance where the delivery was delayed due to the shipper. But...we'd like them as soon as you can! ;)

Bump! Good chance to win a ribbon guys! We had only 49 entries a couple days ago.

:D

Not sure if I'm going to be able to now... My fermentation fridge is going on the fritz and what I had planned on entering needs that fridge...

We still have until the end of the month, right?

USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate is what I do. Put the bottles in a gallon size Ziplock, seal it, then wrap them in bubble wrap. Pad the box with newspaper and don't say anything about what's in it.

Just curious since I've never entered a beer into a competition before, but how do we get feedback without being there?
Thanks

Typically, competition organizers will mail out the score sheets at the conclusion of the competition.

Yep, this is what we did last year. We send out as soon as possible the next week. A couple days ago we had 64 entries. I was really hoping to enter some but my last order to BMW took over a month to come in so it put me too close to the comp date to brew. :( Might bottle some of the hefe I've got left in the keg though for giggles.

If my sour gets carbonated, could I enter that in "specialty", considering that sours are being discriminated against? It's not quite to a particular style anyway.

If my sour gets carbonated, could I enter that in "specialty", considering that sours are being discriminated against? It's not quite to a particular style anyway.

I guess you could. I'd read up on the bjcp guidelines and try to bs it in there. :ban::cross:

I'm entering my Citra Pale Ale and will also be judging as well. If you see "Paul Goodell" as the judge for one of your entries, that's me!

Looks like the only thing Ill be able to enter is my Strong Scotch Ale. I'll probably be sending out my box on Friday!

I'm entering my Citra Pale Ale and will also be judging as well. If you see "Paul Goodell" as the judge for one of your entries, that's me!

VERY cool! I just saw that registration is now closed. We have 122(maybe a couple more). We wanted more but the lack of judges forced the early closing. We don't want to overwhelm who is judging so that everybody gets a fair shot. I and the club thank you for helping out. If you know anyone else that would like to judge, let me know.

BTW, did you know about this comp before seeing this thread?

Mike

I just finished carbing up the beer I was going to enter... If I send it to you by Friday, could I still enter?

Pweez? ;P

VERY cool! I just saw that registration is now closed. We have 122(maybe a couple more). We wanted more but the lack of judges forced the early closing. We don't want to overwhelm who is judging so that everybody gets a fair shot. I and the club thank you for helping out. If you know anyone else that would like to judge, let me know.

BTW, did you know about this comp before seeing this thread?

Mike

Yep - The link to the competition was posted on the CARBOY website a couple months ago. It's only a 2 hour drive and seems like it will be a cool venue as well. Looking forward to it.

I just finished carbing up the beer I was going to enter... If I send it to you by Friday, could I still enter?

Pweez? ;P

It's not up to me. :( But I'll ask. I'm not sure if registration can be opened again after it has been closed. I was bummed to hear about it too because I had one I was waiting on to enter.

This has been a learning process for us and we made good progress from our first year. Next year I suspect we will be recruiting judges a little earlier.

Yep - The link to the competition was posted on the CARBOY website a couple months ago. It's only a 2 hour drive and seems like it will be a cool venue as well. Looking forward to it.

Cool! I have to work but you can bet I'll be humping it so that I can make it to see the awards, and get some raffle action. :rockin:

Back