Does Bud Selig hate the Brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
Is Bud Selig bitter that his family had to sell "his" team and does he secretly hope that the new owners fail? Otherwise how do you explain him essentially giving the Cubs two home games by forcing Houston to play them at Miller Park (Wrigley North). Although the Brewers seem hellbent at the moment on completing a monumental late season collapse, what was he thinking here?

Carlos Zambrano pitched a no-hitter here last night before 23,000 Cubs fans. They have another shot at Houston this afternoon there.

Were there no other available venues for these games?

Is Bud Selig bitter that his family had to sell "his" team and does he secretly hope that the new owners fail? Otherwise how do you explain him essentially giving the Cubs two home games by forcing Houston to play them at Miller Park (Wrigley North). Although the Brewers seem hellbent at the moment on completing a monumental late season collapse, what was he thinking here?

Carlos Zambrano pitched a no-hitter here last night before 23,000 Cubs fans. They have another shot at Houston this afternoon there.

Were there no other available venues for these games?

I hate Selig too, but it wasn't Selig's fault the Brewer's couldn't gain any ground on the Cubs when the Cubs lost 7 of 8 recently. Hell, the Cubs are only 4-6 in their last ten, yet the Brewer's managed to do even worse going 3-7.

I guarantee the Cubs would have had a fan advantage at just about any neutral site. Yeah, maybe it was a little unfair being so close to Chicago, but they did explore other options as well and it just ended up being at Miller Park.

I will be the first to tell you that Selig is a dipchit, but I think McClane or whatever his name is (Houston's GM) is to blame here. The Cubs suggested a neutral site (even suggested STL) instead of playing in HOU. He wasnt having it even though it was clear that HOU was not going to be able to support a baseball game that weekend. Because of his delay's they were unable to secure a different neutral site.

However, the Astros hit two balls out of the infield. Both rather weakly. That is a no hitter in any stadium.

Back