Automatically bypass brewing website age-gates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c0bra

Reaction score
I haven't posted in this forum section before, so apologies if it's the wrong spot.

If you're like me, you go to brewing company websites now and again, and invariably you have to either type in your date of birth or jump through some other verification hoop to get to the part you want.

I got tired of it, so I wrote a greasemonkey script that will automatically bypass them for you. Right now I have a little over 30 sites handled. It should work in both greasemonkey for firefox and tampermonkey for chrome.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/128390

Feel free to make requests. I've mostly covered the breweries I'm aware of and buy from. Thankfully MANY of them don't have age gates at all. Also feel free to let me know if this breaks anything for you and I will try to make a fix.

It's not that hard to type in 6 digits. 6/12/71 see...I just did it!:mug:

I emailed a regional brewery about having to type the date. It was very difficult on my old smartphone. They simply modified their code to allow a YES/NO click. Apparently the entering the date was not technically required to satisfy their legal requirements.

Homercidal said:
I emailed a regional brewery about having to type the date. It was very difficult on my old smartphone. They simply modified their code to allow a YES/NO click. Apparently the entering the date was not technically required to satisfy their legal requirements.

Not sure why it would be illegal in any case. Kids are bombarded with TVberr adds all the time. Why would a website be any different?

I think it's more of a CYA thing.

Back