April 2013 New England Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, almost three pallets in two days. I will volunteer to help with the sorting.

I'm in. Thanks to all for organizing and receiving. Much appreciated. I'm in Braintree; while Taunton is not far away, I'd be happy to pick up for others in my neighborhood, provided it's not too many bags (I have a Subaru wagon).

With so much CM-2ROW being ordered, I wonder how a 1100 lb tote would work out... :p. Call me crazy, but the pricing on that takes ~$3 per 55-lb bag off of the price.

I don't know if Redman has the space, so disregard this comment as it is just random musing.

The totes fit on a pallet but the issue would be weighing out all the orders for everyone. Also were is everyone going to put it to cart it home? I keep my grain in air tight barrels but they are half full at this point.

thanks for putting this together. My first look into group buy, can I add a bag or two of DME? Hops? will help with the short. thanks

You can add the DME not a problem just add it to the full bags list. Hops are kind of a PITA you need to by them in increments of 11# of each variety. Also what they have available for spot hops changes from day to day.

Looks like we are getting down to the last few bags of grain. If everyone could look over the splits that are still open and see if there is anything that you might need that would be great. Once the buy is closed I will get the shipping total and then update the shipping cost. After that the sheet will be locked and your total at the top of your order will be official.

Looks like I grabbed up the last 2 full bag spots, I was hoping to pick up a third.

If anyone from central maine-southern maine on I95 corridor wants to work something out for a pick up let me know, I have a small suv so with my 2 bags I probably could pick up another2-4 bags for someone for a little gas money.

ok everyone that is a rap. The sheet is locked so if you need to change anything let me know I will have to do it for you at this point. If you had a split that didn't fill I removed it from your row.

Thanks again, crazyirishman and redman! Definitely willing to help out on the day of! (As long as it isn't on the day of the Great American Beer Fest :))

Well we need to get everyone to get the checks in so that might take that long. I got busted but PP last time I ran the buy for using the gift option to avoid that fee. I looked into the amazon payment system and it really isn't any better then PP.

I do have to thank everyone for the generous donations. Makes doing this a bit easier.

crazyirishman34 said:
Does anyone want to split a box of sani-clean? it is the same as star-san but the low foaming version.

Also if anyone wants to split a bag of paradise seeds let me know.

D. How much is a box. My star San is getting low so I might consider it but I have already dropped some bucks on 9 sacks. Also to the group.... Last time we did this I used the 2.5 gallon ziplock zipper bags to divide up my grain. So if you don't have the extra money for the tubs mentioned they work great. Had grain in them for months with no issue and you can easily reuse. Get them at BJs. One bag holds over 11-12 lbs of grain.

OK I got the shipping pricing in it is going to be $5.50 per bag. I am going to check over all the per pound pricing and then finalize the sheet tonight. If you don't have my address send me a PM and I will send you the info you are welcome to drop off or send it in the mail.

crazyirishman34 said:
What weekend is that?

My next 2 weekends are kind of busy. I am out of town this weekend and next weekend is busy with brewery related activities.

June 1, but if that ends up being the best, I'll make it work.

Ok I checked the sheet and everything is all set. Your total reflects your shipping also. Below is a list of folks that ordered stuff that isn't on the sheet and a total of the extras if you can add that to your total on the sheet that would be great.

Redman - $90.30
Epimetheus- $19.40
EatBeerSleep- $41.75
ACC84- $16.80
CrazyIrishman34- 13.68

Also I am away from the computer for the weekend.

I am going to be off the net till Sunday after 2pm today so if I don't respond to your PM that is why. Also if everyone can take a look at the facebook link in my signature and "like" it if you could that would be awesome.

Hey thanks alot to everyone who donated to myself and the irishman. I dont care what your wives and or significant others say about you, your alright in my book

Put my check in the mail yesterday...hopefully it'll be there tomorrow. That meet-up looks great but I already have a tasting going on that day. When are you planning on "going pro"?

I am hopping to be selling beer this time next year but if all the permits and the build out go well might be a shorter time frame. I plan on continuing to run a buy for the local homebrewers so no worries about that. In fact it should be better because I will be able to get grain from cargil and carlson who have better pricing and some different brands.

Yeah it is much cheaper to buy a whole gallon from NCM then to buy it from the LHBS. So if we can get 1 more person that wants it before all the checks are in we can order it. Once again I am looking at the Sani-Clean not the Star-San. The only difference is that Sani-Clean doesn't foam.

So we have 3 gallons of Sani-Clean spoken for I was looking at the wrong price it would be $29 per gallon with the hazmat shipping. I think I paid almost that for a quart last time I bought some so if one more person wants some Sani-Clean we can order it.

I will cover the cost of the Sani-Clean just settle up at the grain day. $29 each remember it is going to be Sani-Clean not Star-San

Krazlikesbeer
Epimetheus
GolfDuke
CrazyIrishman34

$29/gallon is fair. A little clarification, not quibbling about the price..The sheet lists:
5S‐SANI4 Saniclean 4 x 1 gallon $98.00
Am I correct there is a hazmat charge raising it to approximately $116? (4 x $29 = $116)

I can understand why the low-foaming Saniclean is desired for kegs and lines instead of big-foaming Star San.

Latest posts

Back