Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > THs (somewhat unconventional) E-brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
Jklinden
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Mmm founders mmmm breakfast stout droooool

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
tjpfeister
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Nice. I really like how everything has its place and given the somewhat tight quarters you clearly thought it through so that every placement has its purpose.

The hardest part of all-grain brewing is arguing about it on the interwebs.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tims-C...9089362?ref=hl

Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #23
-TH-
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus View Post
Thanks for the feedback! We will probably go to Founders the first night we arrive (on a Thursday) and then on Friday hit the other few that you mentioned (maybe Schmohz as well) and end the night at the Hop Cat, which from what I hear is amazing. On Saturday we were going to swing over to Holland and then down to KZoo for the obvious. We were really considering taking an additional day and going waaaaay out of our way over to Munson, IN to 3 Floyds, but that may be pushing it. Our livers are already going to be on crutches come Sunday, so scratch that extra day. I do however, want to hit Dark Horse in Marshall on our way back across the state. Thanks again! Sorry for jumping
Ok I am seriously jealous of that road trip and I live around here!!! Excellent choices. I expect a full report.

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet
Water Spreadsheet: www.EZWaterCalculator.com

Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #24
Mun
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TH- View Post
I printed mine on regular paper then put strips of transfer adhesive (3M VHB) on the back and the clear Lexan on top. I don't have a link but it is .010" thick and called "velvet Lexan" or "velvet polycarbonate" or "matte polycarbonate". It is clear and comes with a 3M adhesive on the smooth side. You should be able to google those terms and come up with something. I got a bunch years ago from a company that makes nameplates and labels (US Nameplate).

If that ends up to be too expensive or difficult to find you could also probably use a vinyl adhesive sheet made for laser and inkjets maybe.
Thanks, I see better now. In fact, the Lexan is very thin and flexible. And yourself, how did you proceed to have that nice end result. Did you paste the labels first on the panel with the Lexan on them (3 different labels ?) and drilled the holes through it ? Is it easy to cut off the labels with the Lexan on it with scissors or cutter ?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #25
-TH-
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mun View Post

Thanks, I see better now. In fact, the Lexan is very thin and flexible. And yourself, how did you proceed to have that nice end result. Did you paste the labels first on the panel with the Lexan on them (3 different labels ?) and drilled the holes through it ? Is it easy to cut off the labels with the Lexan on it with scissors or cutter ?
I printed the whole thing on one sheet of paper then stuck the lexan on top of that, then put the transfer tape on the back side, then I cut the extra off all four sides with a paper cutter (scissors will cut it too), then stuck the whole thing on the panel, then cut out the holes with an exact knife. Does that make sense?

By the way welcome to HBT!!!

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet
Water Spreadsheet: www.EZWaterCalculator.com

Quick Reply