would you use this yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
At least a month ago I made a couple of starters, and never got to brew. I want to brew tonight. these were sanitized and on a stir plate for quite a while. I just turned the stir plate off and let em set in the fermentation room. They have been covered with sanitized aluminum foil but again have just been setting for at least 2 weeks unrefrigerated. It is s-05 yeast that I washed quite a while back. I cannot get to the lhbs to get more yeast. I can make another starter but this took a while to take off ... OR brew a different style of beer and use some s-04 or notty that I have in packets in the fridge. It isn't a major deal either way, I am just curious as to whether or not any of you would go ahead and pitch this yeast....BTW it is nice and white with no off color. I have not uncovered it to give it the " sniff test" though.

i would add fresh wort/dme+water for few hours just to refresh it and make sure its still working

well I used it..no fresh wort...no build up. just decanted and put in the beer....almost 24 hours and nothing. I will give it a while longer then pour in a packet of dry.

The yeast in the starter should be Ok, only concern would be if something else might have gotten in. Give it a little longer and it will work fine.

we have kraussen this morning!!! Longest lag time I can recall but it is working .

Back