Well my friend and I took a huge leap of faith with last years cider supply and fermented a wild batch. Midwest and Northern were out of english cider strain. So we decided to say screw it; they never used to inoculate in the old times. Considering it was 180 gallons worth of cider the risk paid off. Have a good supply of cider for the year.
Now that it is below zero and the garage brewery is at a stand still, I decided to do a step up culture from the bottled cider and eventually make a beer. I do know that there are other organisms in the cider other than yeast but this is an experiment.
Made the first step up today. Depending on taste results of DME through the process will further my options.
Hopefully everything goes great and I will post further results.