re-pitch trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentdr

Reaction score
ok here is a question. I just did a batch were I had 2 variables (bad science) one was I was pitching with yeast from a yeast cake AND my mash ran Hot for about 15 min (close to 170) and it seems to be done fermenting (day 5 so not unusual for me) but the only change from my last batch was 8 oz of caramunich. and it finished 6 points higher. 1.006 last batch 1.012 this batch. is it stuck or done? can the mash account for 6 points?

ok here is a question. I just did a batch were I had 2 variables (bad science) one was I was pitching with yeast from a yeast cake AND my mash ran Hot for about 15 min (close to 170) and it seems to be done fermenting (day 5 so not unusual for me) but the only change from my last batch was 8 oz of caramunich. and it finished 6 points higher. 1.006 last batch 1.012 this batch. is it stuck or done? can the mash account for 6 points?

sure the mash temp has a big effect on fermentability and residual dextrines. Also the caramunich can't be fermented and would add to the FG

Back