Kolsch Wyeast 2565 and its unwavering activity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seansbrew

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a beer currently fermenting with no signs of slowing down.

I started fermentation of a cream ale 7 days ago. The O.G. was 1.065. My efficiency went thru the roof as I used a different method to sparge . I was hoping for a 1.050 o.g.

Anyway, I was hoping to have this beer ready for an event on June 10th. By the looks of the active tornadoes that are still swirling inside my fermenter, it doesn't look like this beer is going to be ready.

This is my first time using this yeast strain, I am not sure what to expect.

I know gravity readings and taste will tell the tale. My question is: Based on your experience, should I just plan for a substitute for my June 10th gathering now? Is there anything I can do to cut down on time? Should I raise the fermentation temp a few deg.?

I am not one to truly rush a beer .I am patient and want this beer to be it's best. I usually condition for at least a few weeks.

thanks all.

It takes me about a month to keg my Kolsch when using that. 3 weeks in the primary, transfer to secondary and hit with gelatin and it's clear to keg in a week. I only do the secondary because I wash the yeast and don't want gelatin in the primary.

How long you want to lager it is up to you.

It takes me about a month to keg my Kolsch when using that. 3 weeks in the primary, transfer to secondary and hit with gelatin and it's clear to keg in a week. I only do the secondary because I wash the yeast and don't want gelatin in the primary.

How long you want to lager it is up to you.

Because it is a cream ale (flake rice, flaked barley) I would definitely like to condition for a minimum of two weeks, maybe more.

Latest posts

Back