New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Another Yeast Harvesting Question...Trappist Yeast This Time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
kjung
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Another Yeast Harvesting Question...Trappist Yeast This Time

OK, this may seem a bit odd, but...
I have a few different bottles of Trappist aging in my basement, and I want to try and harvest all of the yeast into one blend. I have no intention of consuming all of these bottles in one night, or even over a short period of time.
Can I just make a small (say, 1/2L or 1L) starter after I have the first one, and then add each batch of yeast to that? I thought that I could make the first starter, let it crash and refrigerate it, and then make another starter the next time, pitch the last batch in with the new batch.....and repeat.

Will this work?

Be careful what you wish for, friend, 'cause I've been to Hell, and now I'm back again- Steve Earle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
kjung
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

25 hrs., 24 views, and no advice/help???

Be careful what you wish for, friend, 'cause I've been to Hell, and now I'm back again- Steve Earle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply