• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Soda Kegs NYC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with that. Ive been searching HBT and CL for months. The closest i got was LI but couldnt make the trip at the time. Your next closest option is PA. Thats what my research has taught me. Hope this info helps. Lemme know if you find anything

Staten Island huh? I live in Port Richmond lol. Small world.

I'll let you know. I don't mind driving out to PA or LI, so if I find something in bulk I'll let you know. Otherwise the search in NYC continues lol.

There's a guy who sells them in Jersey form time to time. You will find him on Craigslist when he has them, and usually someone puts up a post here. There's deals to be found, just keep your eyes open. And be open to getting ball or pinlock, that will expand your options.

Port Richmond huh? Im in great kills. Do you belong to the homebrew club on staten island? I thing ita west brighton. I believe airborne does. Ive been meaning to go. Well if you guys ever need anything in a pinch, lemme know. I try to keep some stuff stocked up and i got a feeezer full of hops, so maybe i could help out, since we have no LHBS on SI.

Yeah we never heard back from you, you should stop by one day. The club is going great we just brewed two beers last week and next month will be drinking them. We meet in New Brighton.

I don't mind using pin lock, just in my current set up I use ball lock kegs. Trying to keep it uniformed. However, I considered building another kegerator. Maybe I'll outfit that for pin locks.

And it'd be cool to check out the local homebrew group. When do you meet, and what do I need to do to be apart of the club.

I'm gonna try to get to this months get together. I wont have any homebrew ready but possibly some whiskey oaked cider will be bottled and carbed by then. I need some brewing friends

I won't have any brew either, just tapped out my IPA, and I refuse to brew again until I finish my electric system (just need to build the control panel).

Well im brewing tuesday if you wanna stop by. Gonna try double batching a saison and a centennial blonde, 10 gallon each. Problem is i only have room for 3 buckets in my ferm chamber. Good thing one is a saison. Lemme know if any of you staten islanders wanna come by and shoot the shart.

I work on tuesdays, so no good for me. You guys should definitely try to come to a meeting. We have a great group of guys and are always happy to have new members. We also participate in the South Jersey group buy as a group which helps with the transportation costs.

Did you try Brooklyn Home Brew for the kegs? They're near park slope. They're not the cheapest but they're your LHBS and its always worth supporting those.

Also for clubs there's the NY Homebrewers Guild. Meets monthly in the east village to talk beer and try each others homebrew.

I am part of the NYHBG yahoo group, just recently joined. However, I haven't had an opportunity to meet up with them or pay dues. Now that the summer is here, I plan on going to the next meeting.

And I frequently visit Brooklyn Homebrew. Their kegs are a bit pricey, and the last time I went there they only had 3 gallon kegs. They will be my last resort if I continue having trouble.

Thanks! Maybe I'll see you at the next NYCHG meeting.

i have a bunch of 5g ball locks that im not using im in nj though

my bro is moving to bay ridge soon, prob could get it there within the next month

how mcuh were you looking to pay?

i have a few that ive used previously that ive replaced the orings and i know that hold pressure and a few that ive never tried before

i have a lot of orings so i can throw those in

I'd be interested in some too if you have enough and are bringin them over/meeting somewhere???

Back