• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: R - style poppet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEKvt

Reaction score
Poppets%20-%205%20lineup.jpg

Looking for a poppet like #5 on this pic. I mistakenly ordered number 4 and it just isn't worth it to send them back. Wondering if anyone has a pair of #5's in good condition laying around that they might want to sell for a reasonable price. Just don't want to spend $7 on poppets and $7 on shipping...

Poppets%20-%205%20lineup.jpg

Looking for a poppet like #5 on this pic. I mistakenly ordered number 4 and it just isn't worth it to send them back. Wondering if anyone has a pair of #5's in good condition laying around that they might want to sell for a reasonable price. Just don't want to spend $7 on poppets and $7 on shipping...

I'd like to chime in here and rave about these little puppies:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=547

I picked some up recently to repair some kegs I have that I have always had poppet problems with.

Worked like a f*cking charm. I am going to replace every single poppet in every single keg I own with these.

edit: there is nothing on those universal's that can break. The tip is not attached to the spring in any way. it just sets on top of the spring with a little peg down in the center of the coil to keep it centered. genius.

Yes! Universal poppets for the win! They are sold at all the major homebrew stores now. They work beautifully and fit all keg styles.

Best part is the top gasket is replaceable!

I'd like to chime in here and rave about these little puppies:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=547

I picked some up recently to repair some kegs I have that I have always had poppet problems with.

Worked like a f*cking charm. I am going to replace every single poppet in every single keg I own with these.

edit: there is nothing on those universal's that can break. The tip is not attached to the spring in any way. it just sets on top of the spring with a little peg down in the center of the coil to keep it centered. genius.

Wish you would have chimed in yesterday before I just sucked it up and ordered the R-style. I'll look into these though for future poppet issues.

Wish you would have chimed in yesterday before I just sucked it up and ordered the R-style. I'll look into these though for future poppet issues.

LOL. Sorry man.

I learned about the universal poppets a year or more ago, but never tried them out until just recently.

Back