• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: kegs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm looking to see if anyone has a couple 3 gallon ball lock kegs for sale. Plan is to do 10 gallon batches. With each batch I'll fill two 5 gallon cornies and a 3 gallon. The two 5 gal kegs will go into the keezer on tap/spare, while the 3 gallon will get bottled.*

That being said, anyone have two 3 gallon ball lock cornies kicking around and don't mind to ship?

How are you getting 13 gallons out of a 10 gallon batch? Are you not going to fill them all the way? Why use a 3 gal corny? Go right to bottles with that beer.

3 gallon ball lock kegs are hard to come by. Well, not really hard to come by as they are available, but they are very very expensive. You may find one under $80 or so, but not likely. Five gallon kegs are much cheaper- less than 1/2 the price of a 3 gallon keg. I'd consider getting all 5 gallon kegs, if cost is a concern.

5 gallons = 23 liters.
Normal cornies hold 19 liters, so a ten gallon batch will fill two full cornies, and ~8-9 liters into the 3 gallon.

I'm not fermenting in the kegs. I want to keg the beer that I'm going to bottle because I want to filter it (keg to keg setup) and carbonate it on gas.

Back