• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: SS Mash Tun and Boil Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudzAndSudz

Reaction score
So finally after about 20-25 batches my Home Depot 10 gallon mash-tun finally bit the dust and is now on its way to the great brewery in the sky. Also my boil kettle is an awful ceramic-coated piece of garbage I got for $20 at a garage sale.

So it's very clearly a sign from brewin'-baby-jeebus that I need to upgrade my equipment! I figure if I'm spending the money I might as well just actually go for the real deal and get some fancy shmancy stainless steel do-hickies and do this thing right! I'm thinking I want to step up my batch size to at LEAST 10 gallon batches, but I'm thinking 15 makes a little more sense. You see, I live in a house with 3 other men in our mid-20's. 5 gallons of homebrew last about as long as an episode of Robot Chicken.

So if anyone here has some used 20 gallon mashtuns or boil kettles, please let me know and I'll take them off your hands! Or if you're an aspiring equipment manufacturer and looking for someone to beta-test your innovative new equipment etc, once again, I wanna do that.

Thanks!

Check the Denver CL there is a guy with two 25 gal stainless pots setup as a kettle and mash tun. He is asking $250 but you should be able to talk him down since his prices are almost like buying new.
Hope that helps!

Shoooot, 25 gallons is maybe a little bit too big for me. I just don't know if I'm ready to brew in that quantity yet.....

The kettle is 25 gallons but a 15 gallon batch would be perfect in that size. You won't have to worry about boilovers and you'll need to start with 17 or 18 gallons to get a full 15 out of it.

You're totally right. Plus it's not like I'd have to do 15 gallon batches every time, right? I think I could still swing a 5 or 10 gallon test batch for a new recipe in those pots.

Back