Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Illinois Rubber coated 15.5 gallon keg for trade

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
mux
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago, IL - Illinois
Posts: 1,878
iTrader: (3)
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroc
Would you be willing to trade it for a 1/4 barrel sanke keg?
No- I ferment 10 gallons in them. 1/4 barrel is to small.
__________________
mux is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
bmurrs
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Battle Creek, Mi
Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)
Likes Given: 2

Default

If you are looking for a keg in Illinois try kegcraft.com. They sold me a "damaged" keg. The keg looked like it had been used twice. He said they had some that were manufactured wrong and leaked where the spear went in. Perfect for homebrewing.

__________________
bmurrs is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #13
mux
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago, IL - Illinois
Posts: 1,878
iTrader: (3)
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurrs
If you are looking for a keg in Illinois try kegcraft.com. They sold me a "damaged" keg. The keg looked like it had been used twice. He said they had some that were manufactured wrong and leaked where the spear went in. Perfect for homebrewing.
How much?
__________________
mux is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
FourSeasonAngler
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
FourSeasonAngler's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)
Liked 56 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Default

Are you still looking for a standard 1/2 barrel keg to trade? I have one in great shape that I would be willing to trade for this rubber coated one.

I live just down the street from Naperville.

__________________

Why is the home brew always gone?

FourSeasonAngler is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #15
rgauthier20420
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 760
iTrader: (1)
Liked 65 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourSeasonAngler View Post
Are you still looking for a standard 1/2 barrel keg to trade? I have one in great shape that I would be willing to trade for this rubber coated one.

I live just down the street from Naperville.
If he doesn't need the trade, I might be up for taking this off your hands. I can trade brew or pay ya if the price is right. It would become my MLT down the road.

Heck, I could brew you 5 gallons of beer if you wanted for trade
__________________
rgauthier20420 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #16
FourSeasonAngler
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
FourSeasonAngler's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)
Liked 56 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgauthier20420 View Post
If he doesn't need the trade, I might be up for taking this off your hands. I can trade brew or pay ya if the price is right. It would become my MLT down the road.

Heck, I could brew you 5 gallons of beer if you wanted for trade
That is why I wanted the rubber coated keg in trade, for my new MLT. I have outgrown my 10gal igloo as my MLT and it will now be the HLT after converting the 1/2 barrel to an open tank.

I have no problem using the keg I have now for my MLT but the thought of having a nice rubber coating to help insulate under a wrap or two of reflectix is intriguing.
__________________

Why is the home brew always gone?

FourSeasonAngler is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
rgauthier20420
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 760
iTrader: (1)
Liked 65 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourSeasonAngler View Post
That is why I wanted the rubber coated keg in trade, for my new MLT. I have outgrown my 10gal igloo as my MLT and it will now be the HLT after converting the 1/2 barrel to an open tank.

I have no problem using the keg I have now for my MLT but the thought of having a nice rubber coating to help insulate under a wrap or two of reflectix is intriguing.
That's a good idea. Good luck!
__________________
rgauthier20420 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Rubber coated HLT or? mux For Sale 13 02-24-2012 11:18 PM
For Sale - For sale or trade: 2 rubber coated sanke kegs. mux For Sale 18 01-19-2012 06:32 PM
For Sale - For Trade - NJ - Rubber Coated Miller Sanke Keg Mischief_Brewing For Sale 10 10-11-2011 01:23 PM
For Sale - WTB keg or 15gal kettle in LA area, will trade rubber coated Miller keg in interested krazydave For Sale 3 11-23-2010 02:51 AM
Rubber coated keg J-Malone Equipment/Sanitation 1 03-14-2010 10:20 PM