Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - I believe I found fairly cheap hops on ebay - 1 Pound Cascade $13 (only 3 left)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Yoda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
Default For Sale - I believe I found fairly cheap hops on ebay - 1 Pound Cascade $13 (only 3 left)

I am not selling these personally, but I did buy 1 Just thought i'd share. $13 for 1lb is a pretty good deal no? (That is including shipping). It's $18 at my LHBS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-CASCADE-Hop...item4aa1f57b69

__________________
Yoda is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42,248
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2754 Times on 2705 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default

Wow, 3 lbs left, I never have spare cash when this stuff comes up.

__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo
IrregularPulse is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Yoda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Wow, 3 lbs left, I never have spare cash when this stuff comes up.
I was wondering how many the auction started with. The guy has other hops for sale on ebay too, but the rest are all very average/normal prices. This one stood out. Maybe a mistake, maybe he just got a gigantic huge stash of cascade, I dunno.

I would've bought all 4 of them but I really don't have a need for that many hops as I'm only brewing 2 gallon batches right now haha. Figured i'd share with the group!
__________________
Yoda is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Mirilis
Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mirilis's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Celina, Ohio
Posts: 1,340
iTrader: (0)
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Hops Direct Has cascade for $8.75 a pound.. most of their hops are really cheap because they sell them right off the farm. You can email them with what you want and ask for a shipping quote. I think for 1 pound its something like 12 bucks and it goes up from there. I requested a quote for 3 pounds and it was something like 13-14 to ship.
__________________

=============
I have no cool threads to link.

Mirilis is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
ubermick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Rafael, California
Posts: 989
iTrader: (0)
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

I ****HATE**** when people do that crap on ebay - a screaming deal, then gouge you on shipping. Doesn't combine on shipping either - 3lbs of hops would fit in one of USPS' larger flat rate boxes, but he wants $36. Feh!

ubermick is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Yoda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
I ****HATE**** when people do that crap on ebay - a screaming deal, then gouge you on shipping. Doesn't combine on shipping either - 3lbs of hops would fit in one of USPS' larger flat rate boxes, but he wants $36. Feh!
Me too when it's an obvious scam...

...but...in this case you can buy it for 99 cents? So who cares if it's $13 and free shipping or $1 and $12 shipping?
__________________
Yoda is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
ubermick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Rafael, California
Posts: 989
iTrader: (0)
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Me too when it's an obvious scam...

...but...in this case you can buy it for 99 cents? So who cares if it's $13 and free shipping or $1 and $12 shipping?
Because I can get 3 lbs of Cascade from Hops Direct for the same price, at that point ($8.75 x 3 + about $12 shipping) and I *know* their quality, as opposed to some guy on ebay with only 17 feedbacks.

I also found this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120475120003

$6 a pound here, but shipping is $8.55. So while it's a bit spendier if you're only buying one pound, he does combine shipping ($10.65 for 3lbs)
__________________
Hey look, a Brutus! | Hey look, a keezer! | Hey look, a milling station!
ubermick is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
Yoda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
Because I can get 3 lbs of Cascade from Hops Direct for the same price, at that point ($8.75 x 3 + about $12 shipping) and I *know* their quality, as opposed to some guy on ebay with only 17 feedbacks.

I also found this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120475120003

$6 a pound here, but shipping is $8.55. So while it's a bit spendier if you're only buying one pound, he does combine shipping ($10.65 for 3lbs)
True, if you want 3 pounds I personally do not.
__________________
Yoda is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
ubermick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Rafael, California
Posts: 989
iTrader: (0)
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
True, if you want 3 pounds I personally do not.
Fair point. And I wouldn't normally order 3 pounds, unless it was something where I was getting a great deal.

Haha, I just noticed he's selling Columbus for $1 a pound as well. Only amazingly, it's $24 shipping for those!!
__________________
Hey look, a Brutus! | Hey look, a keezer! | Hey look, a milling station!
ubermick is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #10
Yoda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
Fair point. And I wouldn't normally order 3 pounds, unless it was something where I was getting a great deal.

Haha, I just noticed he's selling Columbus for $1 a pound as well. Only amazingly, it's $24 shipping for those!!
Those columbus sure are heavy and bulky! lol
__________________
Yoda is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$3 per POUND 2009 cascade hops - Group buy? cabot Group Buys 30 06-25-2010 05:33 AM
Very cheap hops on Ebay, do you trust??? Andysam Recipes/Ingredients 12 02-10-2010 09:20 PM
I bought a pound of Cascade, what to brew? Bartman Recipes/Ingredients 5 08-27-2009 05:00 AM
PSA for Albany, NY: Fairly Cheap 3-Gallon Kegs the_bird Bottling/Kegging 1 06-23-2008 06:47 PM
Got AG gear assembled (and fairly cheap)! cweston Equipment/Sanitation 4 03-27-2006 04:27 PM