• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Electric Brewing Cart for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltherjt

Reaction score
I am regretfully having to sell my electric brewing system. I recently moved into a condo, bought a business, and had a second child, so I have to simplify my whole life. It has been great and I have done over 2 dozen successful batches.

The panel is modeled after theElectricBrewery, but with slightly less controls. There is control for 2 vessels, which I used for the HLT and Boil. It is set up for 1 5500 watt element in each, but can easily accomodate up to 10000 watts of elements. My initial plan was to make a 1 barrel brewery, but my plans changed. The wiring and heat sink is all set for that, you will just need to wire up an additional outlet if you chose to add additional elements. You will need a 30 amp circuit for 1 element at a time or a 60 amp circuit if you choose to upgrade. This thing gets up to temp super quick and holds it steady. It is painted in a Kustom Planet Color 3 stage paint.

You can see it in action at

Included is a 9 gallon boil kettle, 5 gallon igloo mash tun, and 7 gallon HLT with HERMS coil. The element is detachable by a tri clamp fitting in the BK, and is permanent on the HLT. I have an additional 10 gallon kettle with a tri clamp welded on that I will include, which I intended to use instead of the current HLT. You will have to add a welded fitting or drill a hole for the sensor and drain in the new kettle.

Also included are 2 electric elements, rtd sensors, a march pump, and all the camlock fittings and hoses to hook it up. The cart is bare steel in the picture, but has since been painted with a high quality urethane in a dark satin gray finish. My only complaint is that the wheels dont roll very good.

I have a truck and would be willing to deliver it within a reasonable distance from Santa Cruz, CA. I would also be willing to crate it up for shipping, but you would need to pay the freight. All this can be had for only $1199. I would entertain selling it without the kettles as well.

brewcart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You mention this intended to be a 1 bbl brewery. I have two 55 gallon drums and was looking into going electric. Do you think this stand would support both drums? What would you recommend I do to modify your system in order for it to work with my drums?

Thanks.

Good question. The panel was intended to be expandable to heat 1 barrel, but the stand was made for 10-15 gallon kettles. It would probably support the weight, but it is too tall and narrow. Since you don't need the kettles or this stand, I would be willing to sell just the control panel and could have a stand welded up that would work better for your large kettles. I will have to look into material costs, but I think I could do that for $799 for both.

Latest posts

Back