• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Crazy Cat Brewing (GilaMinumBeer) attic sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
4 year old crowns. Brewers Gold, Kent Golding (derivative), Hallertauer Tradition, Crystal, and Chinook. = $4.00 each + S/H.

.5 bbl keg minus spear. Otherwise unmodified. $20 + S/H.

.25 bbl keg minus spear. Short quarter. Not the slim. Otherwise unmodified. $10 + S/H

6 cases longneck browns. Pry top only. $8.00 each + S/H
Lucky caller gets the case with the Pink Elephant for $7.00 + S/H.
First come, first served.

OKC Locals Only! Free 5 tier hop oast with heater.

You have moldy hop crowns in your attic? Sorry to see you selling off the hop farm!

Meh. I had a good run. Gained a TON of gardening experience in general.

It just doesn't make any sense to replace the lost hops anymore. I have little time to devote to these plants. So little I would prefer to move them out rather than risk killing them by neglect.

Oklahoma is a really harsh place to grow hops in and I did the best I could with what I had. In fact, I've had better success growing hops here than some professional gardeners. I have even donated rootstocks to them!

The plot I made for them is prime and would better serve my family by growing things in it that will make it to our table. I am fortunate that my children are fond of vegetables and I plan to grow several next year.

Until then, I will clear out the beds and tend the soil to ensure that it is as good as it can be for next years growing season.

Maybe some other day Hops will find their way into my yards. Maybe I'll keep a cutting for ornamental purposes and lay it down somewhere else in the gardens where it can grow unrestrained.

You have moldy hop crowns in your attic? Sorry to see you selling off the hop farm!

Umm, and no.

I knew that was coming.

Uncharacteristic monsoon like rain and nearly two weeks of constant moisture amidst seasonal heat in the mid 80's to low 90's.

There was just nothing I could do to dry the soil out and fungi ravaged the other crowns. One was bored through by grubs.

New Addition!

30 quart aluminum kettle. Pre-drilled for 1/2" weldless valve assembly. Minor surface marring and hard water staining. No outside charring or heavy deposits. Lid Included.

Includes an old 3/8" copper immersion chiller. 25 foot coil bound by copper wire. Moderate exterior oxidation but not black. Insides have been kept dry. Coil has been kept in a non conditioned garden shed for last years.

Used in my extract daze.

$20 + S/H.

New Addition!

30 quart aluminum kettle. Pre-drilled for 1/2" weldless valve assembly. Minor surface marring and hard water staining. No outside charring or heavy deposits. Lid Included.

Includes an old 3/8" copper immersion chiller. 25 foot coil bound by copper wire. Moderate exterior oxidation but not black. Insides have been kept dry. Coil has been kept in a non conditioned garden shed for last years.

Used in my extract daze.

$20 + S/H.

pm sent

To all those who have responded thus far:

Seeing as how we cannot PM multiple users and must wait between consecutive mailings I will say this here in hopes it gets read.

I will dig the kegs out of the attic this weekend and the kettle out of the shed and post pics as well as respond with estimates on shipping plus handling charges. I have already established a paypal to expedite remittance of the fee prior to shipping.

To those interested in the crowns and cuttings, a caveat emptor. I am compelled to advise that this is the height of growing season and at least one of these plants has begun to flower although I have not trained the majority of them to any droplines. Thus, the plants are not in a dormancy phase and are actively growing therefore will likely experience some "shock" due to the rigours of being dug up and cut. All sales are final and I assume no responsibility once the rootstock is received nor do I offer any guarantee as to whether they will thrive in your area. Since this is a clearance there will be no replacement stock nor will there be any refunds. It's a plant. It will most likely become a weed by next year but, it is also possible it may not survive winter. It happens. and that is why commercial retailer wait until dormancy to improve transplant recovery.

Lastly, the motivation for this clearance is due to a high rate of crown/root rot caused by uncharacteristic and extensive rains this spring. So extensive taht the soils just could not dry out and fungi overtook everything.

I will dutifully inspect the crowns/rhisomes, after I have dug them up and carefully washed them, to look for any indication of potential problems in an attempt to avoid transferring any infected/affected stock. the plants as they are are showing no sign of stress, disease, or otherwise affliction outside of getting a late start. Until then, I am making sure to adequately hydrate and compost fertilize the plots to help mitigate the stress to the rootstock and improve the chances of viability through shipment.

Given the above statements. ALL rootstocks will be quoted as Priority Next Day to minimalize downtime and chances for dehydration and rootstocks will only be shipped out on days between Monday and Wednesday to avoid potential issues of them sitting and cooking on a truck or in a dock.

Back