Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Sold - Considering selling my single-tier brewstand.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
ghart999
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Sold - Considering selling my single-tier brewstand.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all. I recently finished a single-tier brewstand. It was made with 1.5" x 1.5" 16 gauge mild steel. It was TIG welded by a friend of mine who works as a welder for Miller Coors in Golden, CO. He welds their fermenters. The reason I am selling is I am in dires straights financially. I have only brewed on it one time.

Below are pictures. First is the blueprints. I must credit to Diatonic, as these are the identical dimensions he used for his rig. Keggles fit perfectly on top of this. I too used 5" wheels. They were ordered from castercity.com. The two front ones are locking and the rears are not. They are the expandable stem kinds that slide up into the tubing frame from underneath.

The top of the frame is painted with Rustoleum 2000F header paint and was cured as best as possible by heating keggles with water in them and using a laser heatgun to test the frame temps. The green paint is Rustoleum 500F paint. 2000F primer was used over the entire frame.

PLEASE NOTE: The pump and the gas hoses do not come with the frame. I just had not taken them off prior to taking these pictures. The hoses have sentimental value to me as they were custom made by a friend who recently died. As goofy as it sounds, I want to keep them. And the pump I am keeping as I will still be using it for my plate chiller. Everything else you see comes with it.

The stand has a built in gas manifold. On the bottom front bar, there is a 1/2" SS MPT that can be coupled to a regulator. Then there are 3 1/2" SS MPT nipples on the same bar. They include 2 gas ball valves and a single needle valve for adjustments. Just connect a propane hose between the valve and the burner and you're good to go.

There are 3 burners that come with the stand. As seen, there are BG-10s on each side and a BG-12 in the middle. I had this set up as a direct-fire mash-tun on the center burner, hence the use of the needle valve for fine tuning control of the BG-12 burner. The bar that the burners are attached to sits so that the burners are about 5 inches below the top of the stand. I use spacers (copper tubing, nuts, etc.) to rise up the height of the burners as needed. There is threaded rod that attaches to the burners, goes through the hanging bar. I use wingnuts to hold the burners in place. I found that 4" from the top of the burner to the top of the stand is best.

There is a steel plate welded to the front bottom bar to house a pump. I drilled 4 holes to hold my Little Giant pump.

This shows the regulator connector for the gas manifold and the far left gas ball valve.

Price.... I am not sure how to price this thing. I spent $75 of steel. Paid my friend $250 to build it. $65 for the casters, about $100 in parts for ball valves, gas hardware, etc. $30 in burners. $40 in paint. So that's about $560 and countless hours in putting the thing together. I would sell for $350. If you know how to weld yourself then this is probably not for you. But if you're go to have to pay someone to build you a frame, then this might be a great deal for you. If the paint colors aren't your thing. You can strip this down in an hour and start with bare steel.

I am willing to ship the thing at additional cost. I am not sure on price yet. Further I would have to figure out a fun way of packaging the thing too.

I live in the Denver suburbs and would be willing to drive about 100 miles to meet you somewhere.

Email me with any questions.

Gregg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
jaginger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Wow, that's pretty. Good luck with the sale.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
chutracheese
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 15

sorry

Old 04-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
chutracheese
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Interested. PM'ing to talk.
Anyone know what the best way to ship something like this is and what it might run?

Old 04-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
ghart999
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Hi all. I am getting some PMs about interest but wanting to get some pricing on shipping. I will do some research tonight and get back to you on ballpark costs to ship. I imagine I might have to use a freight company. But maybe not. Its not as heavy as one would think. I can lift this over my head as a deadlift. So I don't think it weights more than 50-65 lbs. I will post back in a few hours as I have to go have dinner and spend some time with the kids, etc.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
fishkid
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You could probably shoot a PM to PinupBrewery, he's the vendor that sells and ships stands. He might have some good info for shipping this beauty.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
RonRock
Always Ready
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkid View Post
You could probably shoot a PM to PinupBrewery, he's the vendor that sells and ships stands. He might have some good info for shipping this beauty.

Good idea. Good luck with the sale.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #8
bigbopper
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

thats really nice,great deal for someone!wish i lived closer

Old 04-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
bbognerks
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Very nice stand. As for shipping, pinupbrewery uses UPS. He ships the stand with the legs off so it fits within the packaging guidelines. The legs just slip inside the frame tubing for assembly. Since your legs aren't 2-piece, then you will probably have to use freight shipping. The package dimensions can't exceed 165" total Length+Girth for UPS shipping and I would imagine FedEx is similar.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
keeku
Recipes 

Try shipping with Greyhound. Usually way cheaper than UPS, but it takes a little longer.

Quick Reply