• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio 55 Gallon SS barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdexterc

Reaction score
There might be some people here who would be interested in this CL posting, so I thought I would share! It's not my posting and I don't know the seller, but if you need a BIG boil kettle it might be something to look into!

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bfs/4125561150.html

00C0C_gNobGhFqvJO_600x450.jpg

I am getting 3 from him. I asked how many he had and he said how many you want, so not really sure. I just know I couldn't pass this up.
Merry Christmas to me and my brother to help us grow.

Did you email or call him? I sent him an email but haven't heard back yet.

I am getting 3 from him. I asked how many he had and he said how many you want, so not really sure. I just know I couldn't pass this up.

How much was shipping? I'm up by chicago and assume it would be similar. Still waiting on a response from the seller.

Schnibbz said:
How much was shipping? I'm up by chicago and assume it would be similar. Still waiting on a response from the seller.

I'm in Toledo and if I run out there, want me to grab a few more? You'd have to come here, but that's only about 3.5 hrs instead of 5.5 each way.

I also sent a few emails, but I was looking closer at one of the pictures and it sort of looks like there is a gap between the sidewall and the bottom on the inside. I'm no expert on ss drums, but would that need to be filled in to make it easier to clean?

Merry Christmas indeed...

Have you picked your 3 up? Would you mind commenting on quality/condition etc?... and could you be persuaded to take some more critical/sanitary joint/seam photos..I emailed the seller to no avail, should I get a response I'll post them for all.

Neopol said:
Merry Christmas indeed... Have you picked your 3 up? Would you mind commenting on quality/condition etc?... and could you be persuaded to take some more critical/sanitary joint/seam photos..I emailed the seller to no avail, should I get a response I'll post them for all.

Haven't picked them up yet, probably weekend after Xmas. Yes I will post more pics when I get them.

I saw these for a while, $100 seems steep for it? Probably move more it if was $60, don't need one that big but might for $60. I doubt he is paying much for them or uses them for something restaurant related so...

Well we did get the barrels after Christmas and we are very pleased. They are very thick and all in great condition considering they are 60 years old, can you believe it, WOW

IMAG2786.jpg

IMAG2782.jpg

IMAG2785.jpg

IMAG2783.jpg

IMAG2784.jpg

He started with 120, when we picked ours up he had 20-30 left.

Sent from my EVO using Home Brew mobile app

Back