Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Which of your beers do you always have?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
BrewBrain
Aleforger
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Which of your beers do you always have?

Which of your beers do you brew ahead to make sure you always have some on hand? Links to the recipes would be great if you care to share.

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on "final" recipes for a standard of my four favorite styles - pale ale, IPA, American Amber and non-dry stout.

You only get so many calories in life. Enjoy every single one.

QUICKSILVER HOME BREWERY

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

None of them, though I try to keep a Pale, a Brown and a Porter or Stout on tap. I'm not interested in drinking the same beer month after month.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 09-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I'm with david - never brewed the same beer twice. Don't think I ever will. I brew seasonally - did a Wit and some Saisons this summer, just brewed up a winter-esque beer, and will be doing an English something or other soon for the fall.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Ditto, I am always in flux. Although there are some specialty beers that I have at various stages of aging that I need to brew again so I can have them for when they run out. But "normal" drinking beer, hmm I'd say over the past few years I have only repeated one of my recipes (an Amber APA) I think 4 times, that's my personal record.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 165 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoChef View Post
I'm with david - never brewed the same beer twice.
Wow! I have to have something "hoppy" on tap at all times. The other tap I try to have porters and stouts in the fall -winter, and mabey a lawnmower beer in the summer.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
fshnne1
Recipes 

I tend to lean towards a hefe during spring and summer, and oatmeal stouts and heavies during winter. but tend to leans towards the same beers maybe a few veriations

Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4468 Times on 3252 Posts
Likes Given: 868

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42 View Post
None of them, though I try to keep a Pale, a Brown and a Porter or Stout on tap. I'm not interested in drinking the same beer month after month.
I have a couple of recipes that I keep in rotation, but I only have two taps. Right now I have a blonde ale and APA sitting and waiting that can be chilled because it's already carbed up, an AB clone and Oktoberfest on tap, with an IPA in primary. I like having two totally different choices on tap, like the AB clone and the O'fest, and next the blonde and IPA.

My "house" beer is a DFH 60 minute clone, and I probably make it 4 times a year or so. That means it's on tap only about 8 weeks total per year!

I think I get bored with the same beers, even the ones I love. In order, next up is American Amber (hubby's favorite), SNPA clone, and then a mild. Somewhere in there I'll make a Maibock for spring, too. I want them all different.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
MCH
Recipes 

Haven't been brewing long, but I can already tell that I will be brewing a couple of brews fairly regularly. My blonde ale recipe, Honey Hole Ale and my Brown Ale, If It's Brown, It's Down Ale.

In between, however, I still plan to branch out and try to find other recipes that may knock those out of their positions.

You see every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. Now that doesn't much matter 'cos we got billions more. And first the sadness cells die so you smile real big. And then the quiet cells go so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. That'ok, that's ok because the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real smart. And finally, come the memory cells. These are tough SOBs to kill.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
niquejim
Burrowing Owl Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 87

I don't always have the same things on tap, but I try to rotate my favorite 5

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/fat-owl-pale-ale-55221/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f64/full-owl-esb-55408/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/iris...y-stout-58364/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/dark...t-stout-55233/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f63/ramb...ber-ale-59032/

and have one of them on tap all the time. The other 3 taps are for experimenting

Old 09-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #10
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nothing "always" around, but I gotta say that my Special Bitter is really a beer for all seasons, it's very low in ABV (3.8%) but is nice and full of toasty, biscuity, british flavor (my brother said it tastes like a meal in a bottle, it's so bready), but is still refreshing. I think I'll always have that one in the kegerator or at least in a fermenter waiting to go into keg.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick Reply