You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your wife asks why you have to hoard all the 1liter seltzer bottles and you have to explain you're making a high gravity beer with some fermentable adjuncts and you don't want a bottle bomb. I mean, c'mon.

YKYAHBW...you just got the taxes done, and the bill is in the five figures (husband took his 401k as a payout from last job, don't do that kids), and you've been told to scale way back on the brewery purchases...but still buy a shiny new SS grain basket that will fit in the 5g kettle so you can brew smaller batches. It will be saving us money dear, I promise! I can brew smaller batches and use less grain, thus spending less money on the brewery....

You know you're a homebrewer when you split a bushel of live blue crabs with family and they ask where are we gonna steam them and you immediately say, they'll all fit in my mash tun.
imagejpeg_1.jpg
Resized_20230701_112450.jpeg

You know you're a BIAB homebrewer when you have to break out the mash tun for the ONE high gravity batch you've done in yonks, it takes forever, and there's more to clean; and you remind yourself WHY you love BIAB so much, at least 5 times during the brewday.

When you have a hurt back and you need to move your fermenter out of the fermenter chamber to the table so you can rack to your keg. You then take practice runs lifting with your legs and keeping your back perfectly straight. Well you manage to successfully move the fermenter without hurting yourself and while you are basking in your own glory the wife sees you and you get a ten minute lecture about doing ******* things when your back is still healing.

Last edited:
When you have a hurt back and you need to move your fermenter out of the fermenter chamber to the table so you can rack to your keg. You then take practice runs lifting with your legs and keeping your back perfectly straight. Well you manage to successfully move the fermenter without hurting yourself and while you are basking in your own glory the wife sees you and you get a ten minute lecture about doing ******* things when your back is still healing.
Been there; done that. Got a $15 deer hoist from Harbor Freight, and I no longer have trouble lifting kegs into my keezer! Cheers! 🍻

I'm right there with you bud! About 20 years ago I was working on a 2 story apartment roof and backed right off it. Shattered 2 vertebrae and spent 4 months in a body cast. I still get "The Lecture".

Latest posts

Back