New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Why Brite Tank?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #21
homebrewedipa
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatwad View Post
Would you mind explaining the tax benefits in detail? I don't really understand this part of it...seems to be worth exploring.
I don't think "benefit" is the right term. They're likely using it as a tax determination vessel. Legally, since you are taxed by the volume of beer you produce, you must transfer the beer to a specifically measured vessel to record the total taxable volume prior to selling the beer. A lot of this is up to local/state laws/regulations.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulgs3 View Post
The only thing that cures chill haze is patience and by then everything settles out anyway while cold crashing...So I stopped wasting time and money on filtering.
Well...true, but only partly.

Patience is not the only thing that cures chill haze. Technique in the brewhouse to prevent haze-precursor formation in the first place is the method I recommend. Patience is what you practice when you screw up in the brewhouse, take your beer through the ferment, pour a serving, look at it and say, "Damn. Chill haze."

If you practice brewing techniques designed to reduce chill-haze precursors, you don't need patience.

Note to the wise: Avoid using absolute terms like "always" "only" and "never". Lord knows I've been guilty of that myself.

Bob

Old 05-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
pjcampbell
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

slightly OT, but does anyone know at what temp they would generally force carb, and how long it takes in the brite tanks?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #24
OG2620
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff897 View Post
Well if no other reason motivated them I should think the enormous stored energies from any pressurization would be a serious limiting factor.

The load that One PSI would produce on a vessel surface of a paltry 1000 Sq inches is a thousand pounds. The fermenters are huge, so they have a hell of a lot of square inches. Trying to build a vessel as large as a commercial fermenter that can be rated for even a lousy few PSI would be a crippling cost undertaking.

It'd have to be like three inches thick. More probably, and reinforced with external buttressing.
Have you ever been on a brewery tour?

Quick Reply