Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What to sub for Choc. Wheat?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
mindcrime
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default What to sub for Choc. Wheat?

I'm trying to do a clone of No Label's Black Wit-O. I've found they use Chocolate wheat for a portion of the wheat in the grain bill, and I love the chocolate notes in the finished product. Problem? My LHBS doesn't stock Chocolate Wheat.

I figure the best way to get the chocolate notes would be to put in some regular Chocolate malt, and then some more pale wheat to make up the difference. What I dont have a handle on is how much of each.

The recipie will call for 1 lb of Chocolate Wheat.

I need to replace this with... how many OZ of Chocolate Malt and how many of pale wheat to get roughly the same color/gravity/flavors?

Or is there some alternative solution I haven't even considered?

Help appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply