What level are you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a tenth level neutral paladin.

Well done, Sir. You are the owner of this thread.

It's been more fun reading this thread from the standpoint of deconstructing how people define what a homebrewer is, what is included & what is left out, than any definition laid down in the OP.

A better method, I think, is to make up a "list" based on my own expectations. Have I mastered the basic "cookbookery" of brewing? I think so. Are my errors NON-repeating? Yes. Am I currently satisfied with the beer I'm producing? Yes. Is there enough I'm doing of an "experimental" or "progressive" nature to keep me interested in the process? So far (and this last one is very important to me- but may mean nothing to others).

OTOH, there are things on some people's lists that are meaningless to me, e.g., competitions. It can't mean anything to me, because I am non-competitive. I don't compete, because I can't feel what one author described as that particular "fire in the belly." It was left out of my makeup, somehow; I can see it and define it, but have no feeling for what it is, just as I can memorize the orders of insects, but will never have any idea of what it is to be a grasshopper.

Back