Last days to enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > For those of you who like a little technology with your beer.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
febbrewro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default For those of you who like a little technology with your beer.

These guys from yelp.com created an ipad application that connects to a kegerator. Before you pour, you sign in via RFID, and the application tells you things like keg temp, flow rate, info about the beer, how much beer is left in the keg, and even allows you to rate the beer and find out who else has poured it.

What's really cool is that you can check the status of your keg via the web, so you can truly find out of your roommates are stealing your beer

http://technorati.com/videos/article...medium=twitter

May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead. May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
- Irish Toast

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 404 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 53

That's pretty cool stuff and all, but it looks more like they're just looking for a reason to make something

I mean seriously, I could care less if people are drinking my beer...and that iPad could be put to better use measuring temps, flow rates, etc in a brewing rig. Kudos to them for finding another use for RFID tags though.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Sigafoos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, this is definitely all it was. They had a day to work on nifty coding projects, so they made that. It certainly could be more usable (I don't have a spare jailbroken iPad sitting around) but I like the concept.

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

Quick Reply