Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Sierra Nevada Brewery Tour Tomorrow!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 03:56 AM   #1
dtduffy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sierra Nevada Brewery Tour Tomorrow!

So at the end of June I won a local home brew competition here Reno Nevada. It was the first competition I've entered so it really meant a lot to me. My prize was a tap handle trophy, 1lb of hops and a VIP tour and dinner at the Sierra Nevada Brewery. Tomorrow is the day, I'm pretty excited. I've tried most of what Sierra Nevada has to offer, but I've heard they have brewery only beers on tap and also offerings from what the Beer Camp folks have brewed.

I'll give an update once I make it back home if anyone is interested.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 04:01 AM   #2
doctorRobert
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 15

That sounds awesome. Post some pics if you can. I did a similar thing with sam adams, which was, well, sam adams. But SN, I'd be very stoked for that. Their head brewer did an awesome podcast with the brewing network a couple weeks ago, you should check it out.

Yo, What's Wrong With The Beer We Got? I Mean the Beer we got drank pretty Good Don't It? I Ain't Never Heard nobody complain about the beer we have..... It Drank Pretty Good. Budweiser...What's the name of some of them other beers ?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Sounds great. I can't wait to go on my next tour of a brewery. Every time I've been on one was pre-homebrewing and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I only wanted samples.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
944play
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 56

The "civilian" tour is pretty lame, but the facility is gorgeous and is redolent of bitter wort. Oh, and the beer is pretty good too.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
NorCalAngler
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I took a trip up there a couple months ago. The food is as amazing as the beer. The tour is kind of weak, but it's still worth it. The copper kettles are beautiful. I have pics online, but I don't want to spoil your fun by posting the link.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
dtduffy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I just got home from my tour and dinner. I certainly got a lot more then the "civilian" tour. I got to see everything from the grains being cracked to the beer being bottled. They took me into the basement under the kettles and I got to try hot wort right out of the kettle. I got to go into their hop room and smell each of the hops they use. And while in the hop room they made a delivery of fresh hop cones from the onsite hop fields. Even made it onto the roof to see all of the solar panels then down onto the bottling and kegging floor to see up close the bottling / labeling / packaging process.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm just super stoked on the experience I just had.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #7
elpenoso
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Try the Stein Altbeir? I was just down there yesterday didnt see the brew camp beer. Might not be ready yet?

Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #8
JonW
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Sounds like they rolled out the carpet for you. Cool deal!!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This makes me even more excited for Beer Camp!

Old 08-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
MajorTom
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtduffy View Post
Well I just got home from my tour and dinner. I certainly got a lot more then the "civilian" tour. I got to see everything from the grains being cracked to the beer being bottled. They took me into the basement under the kettles and I got to try hot wort right out of the kettle. I got to go into their hop room and smell each of the hops they use. And while in the hop room they made a delivery of fresh hop cones from the onsite hop fields. Even made it onto the roof to see all of the solar panels then down onto the bottling and kegging floor to see up close the bottling / labeling / packaging process.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm just super stoked on the experience I just had.
Dude,

Where are the pictures?!?! I think it is a rule or something isn't it?

Quick Reply