Samuel Adams Honey Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Borracho

Reaction score
I bout a 6 pack of "The Brew master Collection" it came with 2 black lager, 2 Honey Porter, and 2 Brown Ale's.

When I cracked the Honey Porter open it smelled great when I poured, then the damn thing got super foamy, lost a bit of it. Then I take a sip and I get a metallic after taste. I always wipe my bottle mouth before drinking/pouring.

Now that I'm getting into this I'm wondering why that happened. And also why the Black Lager was the smoothest of the three brews? The Honey Porter being the driest.

I sometimes pick up a metallic taste in commercial beers. I find if you pour and let it sit for a while (breathe, warm up, whatever) it will go away.

I have had the 12-pack recently too. Schwartz beer is really good. Brown, not bad. Honey Porter...eh. I think it comes through so dry because they use too much (any is too much for me) honey which ferments out very well. Maybe they need to add the honey after they filter.

I can't comment on the Honey lager but I'll keep my eye out for it now.

I think their black lager is one of my favorite commercial brews.

Back