Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Opening a Brewery Licenses and Fees

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #21
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

lol what is a degree in business law?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #22
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster
lol what is a degree in business law?
A waste of 4 years! At the time I wanted to get in to the FBI, then as I progressed in school I realized that was a poor choice! On the upside, it's probably kept me out of a few sexual harassment lawsuits!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #23
Grinder12000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 2

First - do NOT let anybody tell you it can not be done.

I'm involved in opening a nano brewpub and I'm glad I'm only an investor. Working 16 hours a day 7 days a week for 5 months before taking a day off is not my view of living a fun life.

However this is a brew pub and not just a brewery. Just getting a liqueur license was $15,000. Getting labels OK'd by the government took 3 months. Getting all the licenses took much much longer the expected. Little things like duct work and exhaust fans can cost another $15,000.

I've talked to a number of brewery's and almost all of them said the cost of transforming a building for a brewery were more then they thought it would be. Grumpy Troll in Wisconsin found that the concrete their floors were more then a foot thick. Hydro Street Brewery found their roof would not hold a 700lb range hood with out extra $$.

Banks will not lend money to fund restaurants even though it was a brew pub which is almost an automatic money maker.

1st quarter report.... They made a profit and are getting ready to expand and will have beer in several bars.

Quote:
Sometimes jealousy rears it's ugly head
Many times. Lots of local home brewers will tell you all the faults in your beer. One thing we learned is that a large new set-up needs time to get all the tweaks in place. Going larger is not just doubling a recipe but the whole logistics thing on getting things done. What to do with hundreds of pounds of spent grain every day, how go GET hundreds of pounds of grain. Temperature control and the logistics of ALL THAT BEER and trying to get 10 different styles on tap all at the same time.

Grinders Island Brewery - Pipeline

Bottled! Award winning East India Porter, Oatmeal Stout, Milk Stout, Saison fermenting at a nice controlled 85 degrees (up from 70) as it should be - weird isn't it.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #24
Rocky71
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I wish you the best. I hope it works out for you.

Quick Reply