*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Obama is a homebrewer
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #571
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2734 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Do you realize there's already a thread about the petition for the recipe? http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/obam...recipe-348380/

Is threads about the petition going to be the NEW thread bomb about the subject? As if threads about Obama brewing haven't been done to death, now we're going to have a plethora about the petition?

And by the way a petition was started to release the recipe 3 years ago THE FIRST TIME we got thread bombed about White House brewing.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #572
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1914 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 2742

I created an account. Waiting for the email confirmation and then I'm signing the petition. Only 75 people have so far but this thing just started.

Having asked for the recipe, I don't imagine it is very complicated, possibly an extract recipe. I would like to know what the POTUS is portraying America's beer as. Like it or not he is our leader and his beer will have a large impact on how others, let alone the American public percieves what the USA considers great beer. If a leader of another country "brewed' his own beer, to an outsider it would represent his country's beer. No?

I suggest, if this recipe is blatantly bogus... HBT comes up with a "light" and "dark" recipe more fitting the American brewing standard and send it to the POTUS.

If he is actually a brewer and this White House beer is not a gimick to win over the American public.. he will listen and take action, just as any home brewer would in the unending pursuit of great beer!

Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #573
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6155 Times on 5355 Posts
Likes Given: 756

Hey guys, did you know Obama is a homebrewer?

Old 08-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #574
drac0
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Sorry Revvy, oh great one. I did search, I didn't find anything so I made a new post. Please delete this post and ask someone to fix search so that people who do search can find the existing threads so we don't make multiple posts.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #575
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac0 View Post
Sorry Revvy, oh great one. I did search, I didn't find anything so I made a new post. Please delete this post and ask someone to fix search so that people who do search can find the existing threads so we don't make multiple posts.
Haven't seen one to sign a petition until this one, and I'm on this site quite often, could have missed it. Doubtful.

So in my humble opinion your thread is in the clear.

BTW.. Revvy is a member like you and me, he doesn't have the power to delete threads. Maybe to influence not continuing them but not stopping them with a few taps on a key board.

Keep on rocking the word of beer>

Old 08-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #576
sethcros
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Whatever your political leanings this is kinda funny.

http://www.gotchamediablog.com/2012/...ck-ad.html?m=1

Old 08-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #577
WesleyS
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2705 Times on 1763 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan

Haven't seen one to sign a petition until this one, and I'm on this site quite often, could have missed it. Doubtful.

See mine and revvy's posts. There is one. And I'm sure this one won't be the last either.

Long story short, Beer.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #578
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 18

No thanks, I try to avoid interacting with those that seek to lead me/rule over me as much as possible.

Signed Negative Nancy

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 08-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #579
Nightshade
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 210

My name is already on enough "lists" and I can brew just fine without any .gov assistance.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #580
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
See mine and revvy's posts. There is one. And I'm sure this one won't be the last either.
Sounds good. Glad you and the rev posted about it too. Like I said, I'm on here quite often and didn't see a thread like the OP's.

People on here less often than me might not have seen you guy's threads either.. It's a hit and miss scenario. And I'm not going to go searching for one, his popped up and I responded.

In the end what the f does any of that matter? I don't see TxBrew bitch!ng at us for taking to much space on his servers.

I just want to know what the POTUS is representing as beer in the USA how I got to the petition link is trivial.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply