Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > No bottle caps!?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #11
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Yeah, the last one similar I recall was where Evan! had overcarbed beer and was going to uncap, then recap quickly....

Speaking of, what ever happened to Evan! ?
Even got tired of questions like this and retired.......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #12
JebCkr
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

[IMG]http://www.fightdemback.org/files/****_a_brick.jpg[/IMG]

It's what I'd do.

Edit: Stupid sensor...use your imagination. I refuse to delete my post even if it is a fail.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I'm usually s#$% faced and can speak French...in Russian.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
jonbomb
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Ok so I popped one open to see how carbed it was and its been three days and when I opened it up there wasnt much of a hiss and it was totally flat. I'm gonna open another one this friday and if its still flat im gonna pop them all open and use carbonation tablets. The only problem is I can only get the coopers carb tabs from midwest because no one else has them and shipping is like 12 dollars...

Old 01-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbomb View Post
lol i usually wait till the end to grab my caps and sanitize them...
Yeah...that's probably a good way to get stuff maybe into those bottles while you are filling them...I usually fit a cap on each one, which will help void out any o2 before crimping, then when I get a case worth filled I then crimp each one down starting from the first to the last.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-31-2011, 03:54 PM   #15
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Ok so I popped one open to see how carbed it was and its been three days and when I opened it up there wasnt much of a hiss and it was totally flat. I'm gonna open another one this friday and if its still flat im gonna pop them all open and use carbonation tablets. The only problem is I can only get the coopers carb tabs from midwest because no one else has them and shipping is like 12 dollars...
The coopers (unless they have changed and I do not know about it) are a PITA to use. The "tabs" are the size of a lemon drop and may not fit in the mouth of the bottle. I would search more for the Muntons...but that is me.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 PM   #16
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I use the Muntons carb tabs also. They are about the size of an aspirin. I have used the Cooper's drops recently, but have not popped the tops on any of those yet. They look like big gumdrops. They are big but they fit in the bottles fine..

The Munton's carb tabs work great. Some people have complained about floating sediment but I don't have a problem with them.

Any advise offered after 10:00p.m. should be regarded as questionable
I can't brew until something is empty

Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
The coopers (unless they have changed and I do not know about it) are a PITA to use. The "tabs" are the size of a lemon drop and may not fit in the mouth of the bottle. I would search more for the Muntons...but that is me.
I like the Coopers ones, they fit just fine into a bottle in my experience. I didn't like the munton's ones because I didn't like counting out the little pills for each bottle, plus they leave some white crap behind. Coopers is one drop per bottle.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #18
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Quote:
Ok so I popped one open to see how carbed it was and its been three days and when I opened it up there wasnt much of a hiss and it was totally flat...

Really?

Really?

three days? - Since they're sealed, give them 2 weeks. Then if you get a little hiss on one, go another week or two - three days wasn't really going to give you anything anyway...you might be totally okay.

Quick Reply